Still on OpenCarry dot Org?

Anything else
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

Speaking of forums that need a resurgence of quality members, OCDO certainly does.

The owners are absent, there are no moderators, and a couple of infantile bullies argue with everyone, including their own posts.

If you were ever a member there, please come back and contribute some quality discussion -- and don't engage with those who will soon become readily apparent.

https://vb.opencarry.org/index.php
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

I was never a member there. Looking through some of the threads, it seems like there are those who are willfully ignorant about Texas LTC laws, have an agenda, or just want to troll anyone, who wants to have an intelligent discussion. To each their own, but I think I will pass. JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
rpbrown0855
Has liked: 9 times
Liked: 5 times

Jusme wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:19 am I was never a member there. Looking through some of the threads, it seems like there are those who are willfully ignorant about Texas LTC laws, have an agenda, or just want to troll anyone, who wants to have an intelligent discussion. To each their own, but I think I will pass. JMHO
I agree
C-dub
Has liked: 17 times
Liked: 10 times

I still am I guess, but I haven't been over there in so long. I probably don't even have 20 posts. I mostly just read when I did go over there and that's been years. It wasn't horrible then, but there were some real pieces of work then too.
I am not and have never been an LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Sergeant Mike Smith, who was murdered along with 4 other LEO's on 7.7.2016.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member
Si vis pacem, para bellum
KBCraig

Jusme wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:19 am I was never a member there. Looking through some of the threads, it seems like there are those who are willfully ignorant about Texas LTC laws, have an agenda, or just want to troll anyone, who wants to have an intelligent discussion. To each their own, but I think I will pass. JMHO
Since I'm in New Hampshire now, the only time I hear "LTC" is by those referring to Massachusetts law.

Are you from New England?
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Pawpaw
Has liked: 52 times
Liked: 29 times

KBCraig wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:33 am
Since I'm in New Hampshire now, the only time I hear "LTC" is by those referring to Massachusetts law.

Here, LTC stands for a Texas License To Carry a Handgun.
Jusme

Pawpaw wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:41 am
KBCraig wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:33 am

Here, LTC stands for a Texas License To Carry a Handgun.

Correct, when Open Carry became law in Texas, the license was changed from Concealed Handgun License(CHL) to License To Carry Handgun (LTC)

KBCraig

I'll be. I didn't realize they'd changed the name.

Bit of trivia: the first open carry bill (to my knowledge) was HB 2756, in 2011.

It was filed by newly-elected George Lavender, because I asked him to file it. He did, but it went nowhere (I wasn't surprised).

That other forum's prevailing view was that allowing OC would destroy CC.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/Hi ... ill=HB2756
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

KBCraig wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:30 pm I'll be. I didn't realize they'd changed the name.

Bit of trivia: the first open carry bill (to my knowledge) was HB 2756, in 2011.

It was filed by newly-elected George Lavender, because I asked him to file it. He did, but it went nowhere (I wasn't surprised).

I have always believed that some folks who hold an LTC feel like being able to carry a firearm for protection is a privilege. Allowing everyone to exercise this right without government permission, goes against their true beliefs in gun control. They just won't admit it.
Jusme

KBCraig wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:30 pm I'll be. I didn't realize they'd changed the name.

I think a lot of folks were more concerned that Open Carry would cause businesses, to post signage, to prohibit carry.(Which did occur in some places) With Concealed Carry, it was kind of a "don't ask don't tell, But the Anti Gunners, assisted by MSM, frightened business, owners with pictures, and video, of weekend Rambos, with AR 15s. Telling them that their businesses, would be swarmed by these types, if they didn't post signs. Of course, Open Carry was a complete non-event.

There are always going to be those opposed to any laws loosening restrictions the RTKBA. When Concealed Carry was first proposed, people complained that anyone could walk around with a gun, and no one would know it. It was likened to being a criminal.
When Open Carry was proposed, There were those who were afraid the mere sight of a holstered gun, would cause panic in the streets, police would not be able to differentiate between good guys and bad guys, open carriers would be the first ones targeted by criminals, and high noon shoot outs would be the norm.

When Campus carry was proposed, there were those who were sure, that college campuses, would turn into drunken shootouts.

None of the postulating has come to fruition. The same will be true, of Constitutional carry. It will still prohibit those, who cannot legally carry a gun, from doing so, (as if criminals, don't already carry guns) Those who wish to continue to hold an LTC, to avoid NICS background checks, at point of sale, or wish to travel to other States, with reciprocity, will still do so. As of now, in Texas, you can already carry a gun in your vehicle, with no LTC required. Several other States, already have Constitutional, (or permitless) carry, and they are not experiencing any of the issues, that the gun grabbers, predict.

My biggest fear right now, is that our elected legislators in Texas, will get rubber spines, when it comes to removing restrictions. That's why, I have sent emails, to as many people as possible, on an almost daily basis. I have referred them to this forum, as well as Texas CHL forum. Cut and pasted, articles, from gun rights group's, web sites, etc. If we keep our side, in the forefront, and let them know what we expect from them, they will have little choice but to listen.