Va. man stopped with unregistered gun, 500+ rounds of ammunition in D.C., police say

Anything else
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

https://wjla.com/news/local/va-man-stop ... police-say
A 17 round high-capacity magazine was discovered loaded in one handgun, loaded with 16 rounds of 9 MM ammunition, Capitol Police documented. 509 9MM rounds of hollow point and ball ammunition and twenty-one 12-gauge shotgun shells were also found in plain sight in the rear of the vehicle, police added, along with a handgun "designed to be fired with a single hand and capable of expelling a projectile by means of an explosion."
Emphasis mine.

Did you guys know that they made handguns that work like that? Oh my goodness! How scary! :violence-pistoldouble:
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

i was laughing when on news they said UNREGISTERED ammunition

the dude was a plant, no body is that freaking dumb to say what he said...oh and there was a firearms sticker on the vehicle, thats why cops stopped him???? to funny
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

That has to be the funniest description I have ever heard.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

powerboatr wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:45 pm i was laughing when on news they said UNREGISTERED ammunition
Don't laugh; it's a real thing.

In states like MA, CA, IL, etc., where a license is required to possess ammo, people regularly get jammed up over "unregistered ammunition".

In MA, it even includes "ammunition components", including brass. Got a flat .22 case stuck in the lugs of your boot? That's a felony charge in MA. (Seriously: not a misdemeanor. A felony.)
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

KBCraig wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:28 pm
powerboatr wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:45 pm i was laughing when on news they said UNREGISTERED ammunition
Don't laugh; it's a real thing.

In states like MA, CA, IL, etc., where a license is required to possess ammo, people regularly get jammed up over "unregistered ammunition".

In MA, it even includes "ammunition components", including brass. Got a flat .22 case stuck in the lugs of your boot? That's a felony charge in MA. (Seriously: not a misdemeanor. A felony.)
WHOLLY cow that is unreal . another reason i have never lost anything in those states and will not go looking
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
JTaylor

KBCraig wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:28 pm In states like MA, CA, IL, etc., where a license is required to possess ammo, people regularly get jammed up over "unregistered ammunition".
MA, CA, IL, etc. is just the beginning.
I believe in States rights, but find it utterly disgusting you can be charged with a felony in one State where possession is legal in another State.
Not what the Founding Fathers had in mind.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

JTaylor wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:22 pm
KBCraig wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 5:28 pm In states like MA, CA, IL, etc., where a license is required to possess ammo, people regularly get jammed up over "unregistered ammunition".
MA, CA, IL, etc. is just the beginning.
I believe in States rights, but find it utterly disgusting you can be charged with a felony in one State where possession is legal in another State.
Not what the Founding Fathers had in mind.
It sure isn't. What they had in mind was the ability to defend ourselves from any government that would attempt to establish tyrannical power over We The People. Truth be told, our own Government has gone completely rogue and way to many people are acting as if it is OK.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

You Can Thank the Park Police for that Overblown Story About a VA Man Arrested in DC with a Handgun and Ammo
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... i-n2583320
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

bblhd672 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:24 pm You Can Thank the Park Police for that Overblown Story About a VA Man Arrested in DC with a Handgun and Ammo
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa ... i-n2583320
"He denied that he had the more than 500 rounds of ammunition listed in his arrest report."

If did he have it, he doesn't any more!
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Smokewagon
Has liked: 7 times
Liked: 4 times

I know registered ammunition is real in a couple of places, but how is it done and then tracked?