Signal and Telegram

Anything else
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

I'm curious if anyone here has made the switch to either of those as primary instant message applications. There seems to be a large influx to Signal, as seen here: https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/s ... new-users/

Hopefully it will be back up soon. I've been unable to send messages for a while now.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Wife and I use Signal. Not working right now. Wonder if it's due to the migration from What's Ap or an attack from the lefty controllers?
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

I've used Signal for a few years - it's a good app. Telegram - heard of it but never used it; supposedly the app of choice for Al Qaeda, etc.
Russell
Site Admin
Liked: 111 times

Nope. Just use good old text message. Never needed anything more.
AndyC
Liked: 68 times

I forgot - I also use Theema, a Swiss app. $2.99 these days.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

I've had Signal for several years. I only have a couple of friends who insist on using it, but I like encryption.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
warnmar10
Has liked: 5 times
Liked: 13 times

https://yasha.substack.com/p/signal-is- ... ent-op-85e
As you can see from the way Parler was shutdown last week — when our imperial oligarchy wants to cancel an app, it can do so instantly and with a vengeance. But Signal lives on and thrives, despite it being a supposed threat to the almighty surveillance powers of the United States of America.

If Signal’s super crypto tech truly posed a threat to the feds and to our oligarchy’s power, why would the feds bankroll its creation? And why would Facebook and Google rush to adopt its super-secure protocols? H’mmmmm…