Do Not Attend Armed Rally at State Capitol

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

Jusme wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:58 pm I don’t think it matters if we publicly condemn such activity or not. The narrative has been pre-determined either way. If there is a large armed protest turnout, more gun control is needed. If it is a non-event, it was because the social media oligarchs, managed to prevent it by cancelling all of those who may have joined in. So more censorship is the answer, because, that is the only way to prevent future armed insurrection. JMHO
I agree. This whole protest thing is not going to work in our favor. It doesn't help that they're misreporting the reason why people are protesting and why people are upset. It may seem like a bit of semantics, but it makes a world of difference. For example, all we really want is a fair election. Getting Trump into a second term is just a massive gravy boat. If there was undeniable proof that Biden actually won fair and square, pretty much everyone except the fringes of society will back down from that particular protest. It would prove that the election was fair, and that the auditing works to eliminate fraud. It's that simple. But we're not getting that.

I think it's time we fight this battle differently. An idea I heard this morning is to fully embrace the leftist's ideals and turn it against them. Rather than calling them out on their hypocrisy, we shove it in their faces until they get that goofy look of cognitive dissonance. Maybe we should start calling out for the "impeachment" of Biden, Harris, and Pelosi with very concrete examples of their own incitements of violence. I wonder what happens then.
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

strogg wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:07 pm
Jusme wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:58 pm I don’t think it matters if we publicly condemn such activity or not. The narrative has been pre-determined either way. If there is a large armed protest turnout, more gun control is needed. If it is a non-event, it was because the social media oligarchs, managed to prevent it by cancelling all of those who may have joined in. So more censorship is the answer, because, that is the only way to prevent future armed insurrection. JMHO
I agree. This whole protest thing is not going to work in our favor. It doesn't help that they're misreporting the reason why people are protesting and why people are upset. It may seem like a bit of semantics, but it makes a world of difference. For example, all we really want is a fair election. Getting Trump into a second term is just a massive gravy boat. If there was undeniable proof that Biden actually won fair and square, pretty much everyone except the fringes of society will back down from that particular protest. It would prove that the election was fair, and that the auditing works to eliminate fraud. It's that simple. But we're not getting that.

I think it's time we fight this battle differently. An idea I heard this morning is to fully embrace the leftist's ideals and turn it against them. Rather than calling them out on their hypocrisy, we shove it in their faces until they get that goofy look of cognitive dissonance. Maybe we should start calling out for the "impeachment" of Biden, Harris, and Pelosi with very concrete examples of their own incitements of violence. I wonder what happens then.
There is definitely evidence to support the claim that Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Waters incited violence with their rhetoric.
You MIGHT even be able to make the argument that Harris did by offering to bail out looters/rioters last year. After all, if you think you don't have to suffer consequences, why not?

I support holding elected officials in both parties to at LEAST the same standard they try to hold each other to. What's good for the goose, is good for the gander.
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

strogg wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:07 pm

The narrative,assisted by MSM, social media, etc. will simply be ignored, misreported, censored, and twisted to suit their agenda.

Our best hope is for complete failure, of every policy decision, societal breakdown among those they pretend to be representing, and total non-compliance, from us for their draconian laws. They will then begin to eat their own, censor any media outlet, that dares, question the status quo, the most oppressed, who they have claimed to be protecting, will then rise up, and call them out. The military leadership, will attempt to take over, but disention in the ranks, will render them ineffective.

This will not be a happy time, confusion will reign, and only those of us who predicted it, and prepared for it, will prevail.

I don’t see the America, we grew up with, resembling anything like it does now. JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:08 am Image
I think that time is rapidly approaching, if not already here. I am not quite sure it is time to start shooting now, or if we need to wait for them to take the first act against us and be met with armed resistance. I really do not want to start the war, just finish it.
Steve Rothstein
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

If anyone wants more reason to not attend this rally, I just got the following email from DPS (being a state employee, we get emergency notifications from DPS when they plan things like this):

Based upon new threat information we received over the last 24 hours, we requested the leadership's permission to close the Capitol and Capitol Grounds to the public beginning tomorrow and through January 20. The below press release has been approved and will be sent after you receive this message.

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is announcing the closure of the Texas State Capitol out of an abundance of caution Saturday, January 16 – Wednesday, January 20.

“The Texas Department of Public Safety is aware of armed protests planned at the Texas State Capitol this week and violent extremists who may seek to exploit constitutionally protected events to conduct criminal acts,” said DPS Director Steven McCraw. “As a result, DPS has deployed additional personnel and resources to the Capitol and are working closely with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Austin Police Department to monitor events and enforce the rule of law.”

People are encouraged to immediately report any suspicious activity they see on the internet or in public to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Austin Police Department or DPS at www.iWatchtx.org.
Steve Rothstein
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

srothstein wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:22 pm If anyone wants more reason to not attend this rally, I just got the following email from DPS (being a state employee, we get emergency notifications from DPS when they plan things like this):

Based upon new threat information we received over the last 24 hours, we requested the leadership's permission to close the Capitol and Capitol Grounds to the public beginning tomorrow and through January 20. The below press release has been approved and will be sent after you receive this message.

The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) is announcing the closure of the Texas State Capitol out of an abundance of caution Saturday, January 16 – Wednesday, January 20.

“The Texas Department of Public Safety is aware of armed protests planned at the Texas State Capitol this week and violent extremists who may seek to exploit constitutionally protected events to conduct criminal acts,” said DPS Director Steven McCraw. “As a result, DPS has deployed additional personnel and resources to the Capitol and are working closely with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Austin Police Department to monitor events and enforce the rule of law.”

People are encouraged to immediately report any suspicious activity they see on the internet or in public to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Austin Police Department or DPS at www.iWatchtx.org.
Apparently, they are very worried. That should put a stop to any violence and if it doesn't. Well this is Texas, and we aren't likely to be allowing violent protestors free reign to destroy cities and businesses. I am wondering why they don't arrest the ones planning this violence if they already have enough info to know it is coming. Truth is, it is not likely violence is being planned by law abiding gun owners at this point. Unless they attempt to disarm us all with 2nd amendment violation laws, we won't resort to violence.
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

i have been asking the very same question. if the investigators know who is funding riots and bad guys, why are they not held accountable?

i was laughing at dinner as DC has over 25k troops (guard and a few active) plus dc police, capitol police and now a huge private security contingent. what are they really doing? is the military going to take over and use the lefts BS fear to warrant more troops to "handle" things?
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

powerboatr wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:09 pm i have been asking the very same question. if the investigators know who is funding riots and bad guys, why are they not held accountable?

i was laughing at dinner as DC has over 25k troops (guard and a few active) plus dc police, capitol police and now a huge private security contingent. what are they really doing? is the military going to take over and use the lefts BS fear to warrant more troops to "handle" things?
What happened to defund the police?
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
parabellum
Has liked: 18 times
Liked: 33 times

Hopefully everyone remains peaceful.

Side note, if you need more troops to defend you during the inauguration then we have deployed in some of the Middle East rat holes, then you probably weren’t elected by the people.

Side - side note, I wonder if Joe, Nancy and the gang will push to prosecute the ones who rioted during Trump inauguration and classify them as domestic terrorist? No fly list?

“ On the morning of President Trump’s inauguration on January 20, 2017, hundreds of radical left-wing Antifa terrorists ascended upon Washington, DC to violently protest against the duly elected President, Donald Trump.

This angry mob of black-dressed Antifa thugs smashed storefronts and bus stops, smashed windows of store owners, and even set a black limousine on fire.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/0 ... arges-aga/
American Patriot Coalition