.41 Magnum

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
SQLGeek
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 19 times

After talking with a couple of folks on the Reloading Discord server, I am convinced that I need a .41 Magnum in my life.

I have a pair of .357s, namely a 27-2 and a 28-2. I like Smith and Wessons. I love pinned and recessed Smith and Wessons.
Smiths.jpg
A pinned and recessed Model 57 would be sublime. But they were already expensive. Now a days....I don't want to price it out for fear of stroking out over the price.

I have 2K WLP primers to load .45 ACP but I'm not using them. I have one pistol in the chambering and I don't enjoy shooting it much at all.

I have a pound of 2400, BE-86 and HP-38 so I'm pretty sure I could work up a load. I would need brass and bullets.

So I put it to you, my fellow enablers. What do I do? Do I even bother looking for a .41 Magnum right now and if so, do I go for a Model 57 or do I go for a Ruger Blackhawk?

Is the prospect of even trying to find brass and bullets right now worth the headache?

Do I resort to a wrist rocket and ball bearings for my target practice?

This is a bit of a stream of consciousness thread but let's have fun with it. Share your favorite .41 magnum guns. Pet loads, preferred bullets, etc.

Edited to Add: I'm making this post a Texas3006 forum exclusive to encourage more activity here.
You must LOGIN to view the files attached to this post.
<This space intentionally left blank.>
SQLGeek
Liked: 19 times

Well I tried.
<This space intentionally left blank.>
jason812
Liked: 77 times

I have always found a .41 mag intriguing. I had a Vaquero in .44 mag with a 4-1/2" barrel. It was a handful and I got rid of it with the intentions of getting a Super Redhawk. I'm still waiting to find a deal on a Super Redhawk in .44 mag. I really wish they made one with a 5" barrel like my dad's .454 or maybe one day I will just settle for a Redhawk with a 5" barrel.

I would go with the 57 over the Blackhawk but that's just me.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

SQLGeek wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:53 amWell I tried.
Evidently not a lot of 41 magnum folks here.

I fired one, years ago, back in my twenties. I know it was a S&W, but I don't know the model #. If I remember correctly I was told it belonged to a former police officer as a duty gun. I don't remember much about shooting it, other than it was loud. (too stupid, at that age to think I needed ear plugs :roll: )
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

SQLGeek wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:53 amWell I tried.
Sorry, not a revolver guy. But I really do enjoy my G20 SF (10mm)!
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
Jusme

Did a quick Google-fu search for any S&W in 41 mag. I'll post the link to one site, but I take no responsibility, if the OP, suffers, a stroke, heart attack, or any other ill effects. :shock:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... _p1_o6.cfm

Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Jusme wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:39 am Did a quick Google-fu search for any S&W in 41 mag. I'll post the link to one site, but I take no responsibility, if the OP, suffers, a stroke, heart attack, or any other ill effects. :shock:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... _p1_o6.cfm
Dang. I worked at S&W one summer, decades ago, when all the revolvers were still pinned and recessed. I had no idea what I was even looking at at the time🤔
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

SQLGeek wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:20 pm What do I do? Do I even bother looking for a..
Yes 8-) :D
Jusme

AndyC wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 pm
SQLGeek wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:20 pm What do I do? Do I even bother looking for a..
Yes 8-) :D
You just love seeing other people spend money don’t you?!!!
:lol: :lol:

AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

Jusme wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:05 pm You just love seeing other people spend money don’t you?!!!
:lol: :lol:

I like seeing people get nice toys :dance: