Looks like TexasCHLForum may be coming back!

Anything else
doncb
Liked: 3 times

Meh. I'll stay here. I haven't been to that forum in a couple of years since I was told to "take it somewhere else" after I made a comment about our legislators in the last session.

This forum seems like a much friendlier place. :clap:
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:15 am
Russell wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:08 am
flechero wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:56 am

Huh?

I don't think the 3006 forum was a stopgap- I think (Russell- correct me if I'm wrong) that it is a stand alone forum and only the timing may have been impacted by the chlforum crash.

Thanks for the update, Russell!

Yes, I had been considering for quite some time to open up our own forum here to have a better communication platform for our community. While the CHL forum going down, and staying down for a while, brought this idea to the front for me it isn't just a stopgap.

Our forum will stay! :-)
Excellent! Well, I am headed down this evening to Dallas Market Hall (where I expect we have all been at one time or another for a gun show) to receive my first dose of the Chinese Kung Flu virus vaccine. Will be interesting to see if UTSW has put up their 30.06 signs there - and if they have, is it legal? Report to follow, stay tuned.
OK, Dallas Market Hall still 30.07 only. Took about an hour of standing in line however it moved right along, seemed well organized and only side effects are starting to speak Mandarin and some shrinkage - but it was kinda cold out there :whistle:
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
Tex1961
Has liked: 5 times
Liked: 11 times

Looks like things are moving forward. CHL board is up. No posts or anything else, just the header. So at least there’s that.
Texas LTC instructor
NRA Pistol instructor
RSO
www.tejasproducts.com
www.ltsfirearms.com
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

doncb wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:14 pm Meh. I'll stay here. I haven't been to that forum in a couple of years since I was told to "take it somewhere else" after I made a comment about our legislators in the last session.

This forum seems like a much friendlier place. :clap:
I agree.
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

I think I'll stick around here too. It's nice to see everyone again, not just a select few like on the other board.
Pawpaw
Has liked: 52 times
Liked: 29 times

The Texas CHL forum is back up now!

I'm still going to keep checking in here.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Pawpaw wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 pm The Texas CHL forum is back up now!

I actually like it here. I think I will occasionally check up over there.
Vol Texan
Has liked: 8 times
Liked: 56 times

Pawpaw wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:09 pm The Texas CHL forum is back up now!

Outstanding!
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com | Texas3006 moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry
C-dub
Has liked: 17 times
Liked: 10 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:12 pm and some shrinkage :whistle:
:text-tmi: :text-imsorry: You really can't afford too much of that, can you! Dang it, I can't find the Jester smilie to put here.
I am not and have never been an LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Sergeant Mike Smith, who was murdered along with 4 other LEO's on 7.7.2016.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member
Si vis pacem, para bellum
SQLGeek
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 19 times

It’s back. I will be here still as well. Another forum with friendly faces isn’t a bad thing at all.
<This space intentionally left blank.>