C'Mon Texas!! We shouldn't be the last State to do this!!

What state and federal bills might affect our self defense rights?
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Tennessee, just became the latest State to pass Constitutional Carry!!

https://redstate.com/alexparker/2021/04 ... ns-n357718

I have been inundating every Texas Republican House member and Senator, with emails, pushing them to get this pushed through. We should be leading the way on this, not waiting for other States to beat us to the punch. JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

And the Governor of Arizona just gave the finger to Joe Bai Den's gun grabbing handlers:

Arizona's Ducey signs bill protecting state gun laws from federal legislation

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/arizon ... egislation
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

There are things I'm not happy with Chris Sununu about, but the first bill he signed into law after becoming governor of New Hampshire, was Constitutional Carry. We kept our (very basic, $10 for 5 years, must-issue Revolver & Pistol License) for those who want reciprocity, but other than that the only thing limiting carry is being a prohibited person.

There was a conflicting Fish & Game law that prohibited carry of a loaded handgun in/on an ATV or snowmobile unless one had a license, but the House passed a bill this week to overturn that.

There is still a F&G law that prohibits carrying a loaded rifle or shotgun in/on any vehicle. I'm still working on that one, but it's been a strange 13 months for the legislature. On the up side, NH doesn't have a statutory definition of either rifle or shotgun, but defines a "pistol" as any firearm with a barrel under 16 inches. So SBR/SBS are fine, as well as braced pistols. ;D

And still, the only place off limits for carry, by statute, is courthouses. They'll check your gun for you at the door. Everywhere else in the state, it's not a crime to carry a handgun, openly or concealed. Trespass applies, but there's no enhancement for being armed.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

So far this year, Utah, Montana, Tennessee, and Iowa became constitutional carry states. Please please Texas State Legislature, do the right thing and add us to the list of free states!!!
Bitter Clinger

New Dallas Police Chief, Eddie Garcia, formerly of San Jose, CA, was in Austin today lobbying against Constitutional carry. Another disappointing left wing elitist who fails to understand the Constitution or his sworn duty to uphold and protect. 💩
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:27 pm New Dallas Police Chief, Eddie Garcia, formerly of San Jose, CA, was in Austin today lobbying against Constitutional carry. Another disappointing left wing elitist who fails to understand the Constitution or his sworn duty to uphold and protect. 💩
Somebody get a rope.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

You ever notice, that it always a big city police chief, who opposes any freedom for the peasants? Rank and file LEO, have no problem with it.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
rtschl
Has liked: 25 times
Liked: 40 times

I also saw where LTC instructor was against it. I realize this would impact his job and that is why he is against it, but what part of shall not be infringed do supposedly gun friendly people not understand. I agree that there should be some safety training. But that needs to be balanced with the not infringing on the Constitutional right.

Now I would support requiring grade school, Jr. and Sr. High students take a yearly firearms safety training course that is not allowed to be anti gun or anti 2A.
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

rtschl wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 am I also saw where LTC instructor was against it. I realize this would impact his job and that is why he is against it, but what part of shall not be infringed do supposedly gun friendly people not understand. I agree that there should be some safety training. But that needs to be balanced with the not infringing on the Constitutional right.
2nd Amendment doesn't say shall not be infringed unless you have safety training.
rtschl wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 am Now I would support requiring grade school, Jr. and Sr. High students take a yearly firearms safety training course that is not allowed to be anti gun or anti 2A.
I agree except I would start in Kindergarten. Use to be this is what dads were but for.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
Bitter Clinger

Bitter Clinger wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:27 pm New Dallas Police Chief, Eddie Garcia, formerly of San Jose, CA, was in Austin today lobbying against Constitutional carry. Another disappointing left wing elitist who fails to understand the Constitution or his sworn duty to uphold and protect. 💩
Even more aggregiously, Garcia was apparently joined by DPA President Mike Mata:

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2021/04/13/dal ... -firearms/