Time to open Texas!

Anything else
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

The lingering effects of the ill advised lockdown and masking policies are those “woke” businesses that will continue to require masks. Already the Dallas Mavericks and Stars have said masks will still be required to attend their basketball and hockey games.
I anticipate many businesses will stay on the masking bandwagon risking further economic harm to their bottom line and the financial well being of their employees who will pay the price by being laid off.
Personally I’m done with any business that continues requiring masks. If they are willing to use their right to impose restrictions on how you conduct business with them then I shall use my right to spend my money elsewhere.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

bblhd672 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:49 am The lingering effects of the ill advised lockdown and masking policies are those “woke” businesses that will continue to require masks. Already the Dallas Mavericks and Stars have said masks will still be required to attend their basketball and hockey games.
I anticipate many businesses will stay on the masking bandwagon risking further economic harm to their bottom line and the financial well being of their employees who will pay the price by being laid off.
Personally I’m done with any business that continues requiring masks. If they are willing to use their right to impose restrictions on how you conduct business with them then I shall use my right to spend my money elsewhere.
This is how it is suppose to work in America. The right to make free choices. Businesses have the right to require masks and we have the right to refuse to do business with them.
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:00 am
bblhd672 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:49 am The lingering effects of the ill advised lockdown and masking policies are those “woke” businesses that will continue to require masks. Already the Dallas Mavericks and Stars have said masks will still be required to attend their basketball and hockey games.
This is how it is suppose to work in America. The right to make free choices. Businesses have the right to require masks and we have the right to refuse to do business with them.
Exactly.
I am the only one responsible for my safety. If I feel the need to wear a mask I will do so. If I only choose to do business, with those who do not require a mask, then again that is my right. That is why I carry. I don't expect any government entity to protect me, and I can choose to spend my money, where my right to carry, is not restricted by a business owner. JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
sewtexas
Has liked: 4 times
Liked: 7 times

Jusme wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:25 am
Flightmare wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:19 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:43 pm
Per the EO, county judges can only reinstate the mandate IF COVID-19 hospitalizations for that county exceed 15% of bed capacity. Otherwise, they can go pound sand.
There is a rumor going around on social media that Clay Jenkins is pressuring hospitals to reduce ICU capacity in order to maintain lockdowns. I've not seen evidence of this, hence the "rumor" part.

It would not surprise me, since he has shown his true true desire to become the Mao of Dallas County.
I have seen that rumor from a friend in that area, I really hope he doesn't pull that off.
kpflounder
Has liked: 83 times
Liked: 11 times

I manage a store for a corporation. A very liberal corporation. I've worked very hard to have a voice of common sense there.
My proposal regarding Texas stores is post signs "Please use caution and common sense when shopping"
I don't want them to continue mask mandates because we will lose anti mask business.
I have been challenged by my pastor to put others before my rights. So, if no mask order, and an elderly masked shopper enters my store, our of my heart's desire to love my neighbor, I'll wear a mask.
But, dang, these restrictions make it hard to make a profit!
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

Vol Texan
Has liked: 8 times
Liked: 56 times

Well, I made a recommendation to Russell and the other Texas3006 developers just now...

Now that the guv is lifting mask requirements, some businesses may choose to continue to force it, and others may not. Particularly in the most liberal areas of the cities, it's going to stay, while the outskirts and more rural locales are likely to go full tilt freedom on us.

So, I recommended that we open up a mirror site to Texas3006.com called Texas300mask.com. That we we can have a crowd-sourced app with an already built-in user base to report places that post masking signs. This will serve both ends of the population spectrum, ya know?

:angry-cussingargument:
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com | Texas3006 moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry
Jusme

Vol Texan wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:56 pm Well, I made a recommendation to Russell and the other Texas3006 developers just now...

Now that the guv is lifting mask requirements, some businesses may choose to continue to force it, and others may not. Particularly in the most liberal areas of the cities, it's going to stay, while the outskirts and more rural locales are likely to go full tilt freedom on us.

So, I recommended that we open up a mirror site to Texas3006.com called Texas300mask.com. That we we can have a crowd-sourced app with an already built-in user base to report places that post masking signs. This will serve both ends of the population spectrum, ya know?

I like it.

Give us options on where to go and where to avoid. There may be some places, that are unavoidable, but at least we can get a "heads up" about them.

jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

Jusme wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:17 am
Vol Texan wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:56 pm Well, I made a recommendation to Russell and the other Texas3006 developers just now...

I like it.

Give us options on where to go and where to avoid. There may be some places, that are unavoidable, but at least we can get a "heads up" about them.
I like the idea but I doubt there will be many entries. Just this week I violated the executive order and didn't wear a face mask in the post office. Guess what. There were 2 people working there that didn't have on a mask either. I conducted business like nothing was out of the ordinary. If the post office is not enforcing the masks, I doubt many businesses will continue to require them.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
Jusme

jason812 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:21 am
Jusme wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:17 am

I like it.

I like the idea but I doubt there will be many entries. Just this week I violated the executive order and didn't wear a face mask in the post office. Guess what. There were 2 people working there that didn't have on a mask either. I conducted business like nothing was out of the ordinary. If the post office is not enforcing the masks, I doubt many businesses will continue to require them.
I agree, especially in areas. I frequent. I have been in several businesses, sans mask, with no issues. I believe most are just as tired of them as we are.
However, just as with 3006/3007, there will be those who have gotten sloppy drunk on the blue kool ade.