Winter weather 2021

Anything else
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

Jusme wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:08 pm
kpflounder wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:37 pm I witnessed a truck with a rope over the tailgate, tied to a flat bottom boat, pulling their kids down the snow covered road.
I honestly don't know if this is genious and I'm jealous, or if I was appalled at the stupidity of some people.
Little help here. Cuz that kinda sounds fun??
Had to go to work last night due to a monitoring system failure. En route I saw a similar scenario, pickup pulling a kid on some type of plastic sled. On the way home this morning, I saw the same truck nose down in a culvert about 100 yards from where they were last night. There was no major damage, and I hope no one was injured. Stupidity knows no bounds.
I saw something similar last night. A kid being towed by a vehicle around the neighborhood for a good hour. This was on a 10 mph golf cart, though, so it was acceptable.
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

kpflounder wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 5:37 pm I witnessed a truck with a rope over the tailgate, tied to a flat bottom boat, pulling their kids down the snow covered road.
I honestly don't know if this is genious and I'm jealous, or if I was appalled at the stupidity of some people.
You must have had a sheltered childhood :lol:

Old car hoods in the summer, wheel barrow bodies the few times it iced up in the winter.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

The main thing I'm worried about is water. So far the well head and pipes coming into the house have not frozen. The pressure pump, filters, and storage tanks are all in the shop. I was sweating the shop freezing last night but it only got down to 40 inside. Turned the water off on the manifold to each outside faucet. They are frozen but there is no pressure on them.

Now the stupid sprinklers on the septic is another story. I'm sure I'll be out there in the morning with 2 5 gallon buckets of hot water from the tub to thaw them out so they can make poo water ice. I wish I wouldn't have put in an aerobic system for more than just this weather event.

Other than that, it's just cold.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
John
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 21 times

We did something like that in college...a Ford Ranger, a rope, and a kiddie pool, until campus security came along and made us stop. Good times.
NRA Life Member
sewtexas
Has liked: 4 times
Liked: 7 times

we woke up with water, then it froze, or stopped, not really sure what happened, but it started flowing again late this afternoon. We have it trickling tonight.
We had rolling blackouts all day, could almost set our watch by them, the were very regular, so it wasn't horrible, not pleasant, but not horrible. They've told us we get the night, then they start again in the morning. (I fully expect to be hearing about these during the legislative session)
kpflounder
Has liked: 83 times
Liked: 11 times

strogg wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 8:12 pm
Jusme wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:08 pm
Had to go to work last night due to a monitoring system failure. En route I saw a similar scenario, pickup pulling a kid on some type of plastic sled. On the way home this morning, I saw the same truck nose down in a culvert about 100 yards from where they were last night. There was no major damage, and I hope no one was injured. Stupidity knows no bounds.
I saw something similar last night. A kid being towed by a vehicle around the neighborhood for a good hour. This was on a 10 mph golf cart, though, so it was acceptable.
Sounds like I'm the only one shocked to see this. I'm a photographer and couldn't even think to take a picture.
kpflounder
Has liked: 83 times
Liked: 11 times

Day 2 and I lost power during the night. I didn't get firewood (I work retail so I'm working during other store hours).
Burning my last piece of firewood and all my amazon boxes my son never put in the trash.
Currently fuming over downtown completely lit up at night while people cut back and do without.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Tucker Carlson nailed it. Welcome to life under the "Green New Deal" in the formerly independent Republic of Texas:

Tucker Carlson: The great Texas climate catastrophe is heading your way

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/tucker- ... atastrophe
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Texas's 'Nightmare' Energy Situation Is a Warning to the Rest of America
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/leahbarko ... s-n2584773
If there's one thing you would think Texas would be able to do, it's keep the lights on. Most electricity comes from natural gas and Texas produces more of that than any place on the continent. There are huge natural gas deposits all over the state. Running out of energy in Texas is like starving to death at the grocery store: You can only do it on purpose, and Texas did.
Rather than celebrate and benefit from their state's vast natural resources, politicians took the fashionable route and became recklessly reliant on so-called alternative energy, meaning windmills. Fifteen years ago, there were virtually no wind farms in Texas. Last year, roughly a quarter of all electricity generated in the state came from wind. Local politicians were pleased by this. They bragged about it like there was something virtuous about destroying the landscape and degrading the power grid. Just last week, Republican Gov. Greg Abbott proudly accepted something called the Wind Leadership Award, given with gratitude by Tri Global Energy, a company getting rich from green energy.
So it was all working great until the day it got cold outside. The windmills failed like the silly fashion accessories they are, and people in Texas died.
Yet another example of Gov. Abbott embracing the policies and agenda of the left.
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

About 24 hours without power, but I made do - I reckon the civilians in Stalingrad had it much worse.

Got 2 hours of power this morning so I made sure all my chargers were plugged in, and took the opportunity to cook a steak, bacon, sausage and egg on my gas grill outside. Power went out 20 mins ago - managed to log into work and get some critical things done.