4.3 MILLION NICS checks last month

Anything else
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

https://www.fbi.gov/file-repository/nic ... r.pdf/view

The current administration and Congress are proving to be an excellent gun sales team so far.
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

I don't believe it. I did not think there were 4.3 million guns left in the market to sell.
Steve Rothstein
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

I can't remember where I read it,but they broke it down, to firearm sales only(they do NICS checks for carry permits, Security, and LEO licensing in some States) and the actual number for firearms only, was just over 2 million. But that is still a record, for sales in one month.

That does not reflect the actual number of firearms sold, since multiple firearms can be purchased with only one NICS check, and those with LTC permits do not have to have a background check, in most States. They have already begun to call Gropey Joe OBiden, the best gun salesman ever.

But I agree, where are all of these guns? They are not on the shelves around here.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

I caught a piece on nightly news that claimed something around 60% were new, first-time gunowners and of that 40% were female.

And there were also some ATF stats revealed:

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/02/leaked ... lications/
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:07 am I caught a piece on nightly news that claimed something around 60% were new, first-time gunowners and of that 40% were female.

I wonder if I am the only one that thinks this article proves ATF is useless. Over 129,000 new dealer license applications and over 500,000 new NFA applications (I bet most were silencers) and only 1,700 pieces of evidence in 700 criminal cases. With millions of gun owners and hundreds of millions of guns around, this shows that firearms are not a significant problem, firearm owners are not a significant problem, and the ATF is not needed or justifiable.

And that is without arguing the rights infringements involved.
Steve Rothstein
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

srothstein wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:32 am
Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 6:07 am I caught a piece on nightly news that claimed something around 60% were new, first-time gunowners and of that 40% were female.

I wonder if I am the only one that thinks this article proves ATF is useless. Over 129,000 new dealer license applications and over 500,000 new NFA applications (I bet most were silencers) and only 1,700 pieces of evidence in 700 criminal cases. With millions of gun owners and hundreds of millions of guns around, this shows that firearms are not a significant problem, firearm owners are not a significant problem, and the ATF is not needed or justifiable.

Is the document legit? Did they really put dogs on there as a joke about how the rest of us think they like to shoot dogs at 2am? That's all I need to know about their agency.

The last I heard there were 400 million firearms in private hands. If guns were a problem, you would know about it.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Not only that, but it in the entire country, only 12 cases regarding tobacco. How many agents, and support staff, are assigned to tobacco investigations? It doesn’t list alcohol cases, but I would bet that, there were very few cases there also. Seems like there is a lot of justification for reducing the entire agency, or simply tell the truth, that they are simply there to control legal gun owners.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

Jusme wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:23 am

Not only that, but it in the entire country, only 12 cases regarding tobacco. How many agents, and support staff, are assigned to tobacco investigations? It doesn’t list alcohol cases, but I would bet that, there were very few cases there also. Seems like there is a lot of justification for reducing the entire agency, or simply tell the truth, that they are simply there to control legal gun owners.
I've never thought of the "BATFE" as anything more than the Bureau of Firearms Rights Infringement. The fact that they actually did anything else outside of that is surprising to me.

Anyhow, that is an interesting ammoland article. Hopefully, the eForm 4 is true. I may actually buy a couple suppressors this year if that's the case. I like making my own and all via eForm 1, but it's just not the same as a factory produced one. If that doesn't happen, then I'm still going to make a couple more eForm 1 suppressors.
kpflounder
Has liked: 83 times
Liked: 11 times

Jusme wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:38 am I can't remember where I read it,but they broke it down, to firearm sales only(they do NICS checks for carry permits, Security, and LEO licensing in some States) and the actual number for firearms only, was just over 2 million. But that is still a record, for sales in one month.

That does not reflect the actual number of firearms sold, since multiple firearms can be purchased with only one NICS check, and those with LTC permits do not have to have a background check, in most States. They have already begun to call Gropey Joe OBiden, the best gun salesman ever.

But I agree, where are all of these guns? They are not on the shelves around here.
So this means a record number of firearms are going to be lost in boating accidents? Darn those tipping canoes. 🤣
kpflounder
Has liked: 83 times
Liked: 11 times

My ltc class last June was half females. Instructor commented on how many chicks are getting guns now. Every one of answered we wanted to take responsibility for our own safety. Not wait 10 minutes for a cop anymore.