[COMPLETED] Forum will be down for maintenance at some point tomorrow

Information and updates
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

Hi all,

Just a heads up the forum will be down for maintenance at some point tomorrow. I have done some customization work behind the scenes to link the Texas3006 user database to the forum database here, and am ready to implement it.

What this means for this site is all of a sudden we will gain 20,000+ registered users :lol:

In addition, registration through the forum will be disabled, and all registration / account changes will be done through the Texas3006 website or mobile apps. Changing your username in the app, for example, will result in your username being changed here.

Passwords between the two sites will *not* be synced except for at initial registration, for now. I can do it, but don't yet see any value in it.

Thanks for your patience!
John
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 21 times

Didn’t get by here yesterday, and missed this notice. When I stopped by earlier, my heart nearly stopped....not another one.
NRA Life Member
Russell
Site Admin

Everything went well!

The two databases are now tied together. I will be working on some visuals and design later this week to try to help make it more obvious that a Texas3006.com account = also an account on the forum here.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Thanks Russell!
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Russell wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:41 pm Everything went well!

The two databases are now tied together. I will be working on some visuals and design later this week to try to help make it more obvious that a Texas3006.com account = also an account on the forum here.
I guess that’s why it now shows that we have 7738 members!!
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

I can't wait for the extra foot traffic through here!
Russell
Site Admin

Jusme wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:12 pm
Russell wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:41 pm Everything went well!

I guess that’s why it now shows that we have 7738 members!!

Database hadn't finished syncing yet. It's done now :-)
kmedcalf
Liked: 1 time

Question: What's the best way to "combine" my app account and this forum account. My app username is different from the forum username, and the passwords are also different. I want to have just one, but not sure of the best way to accomplish that - I really don't want to have to come up with yet another new password - wan't to use one of my existing ones.
Russell
Site Admin

txpilot4385 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:34 am Question: What's the best way to "combine" my app account and this forum account. My app username is different from the forum username, and the passwords are also different. I want to have just one, but not sure of the best way to accomplish that - I really don't want to have to come up with yet another new password - wan't to use one of my existing ones.
Since you created a forum account before I started this sync "project", you're in a unique position.

You can either change your Texas3006 account name to match your forum name here, or if you want to go the other direction I can manually make your forum name the same as your Texas3006 name. Just let me know.

Passwords aren't synced between the two databases, but you are certainly welcome to make them the same :-)
kmedcalf
Liked: 1 time

Russell wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:14 am
txpilot4385 wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:34 am Question: What's the best way to "combine" my app account and this forum account. My app username is different from the forum username, and the passwords are also different. I want to have just one, but not sure of the best way to accomplish that - I really don't want to have to come up with yet another new password - wan't to use one of my existing ones.
Since you created a forum account before I started this sync "project", you're in a unique position.

You can either change your Texas3006 account name to match your forum name here, or if you want to go the other direction I can manually make your forum name the same as your Texas3006 name. Just let me know.

Passwords aren't synced between the two databases, but you are certainly welcome to make them the same :-)
Thanks. I would like to use the username that I have on Texas3006, but use the password I have here. Not sure how to handle that, as I'm on Android, and so far there is no update to Android to allow access to the forum.

Let me know how to proceed from here.

Thanks