Changes to Watchlist Notification emails

Information and updates
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

Hi all,

So we have been sending out mass amounts of watchlist emails (as I am sure you have seen!). It's getting to be a bit crazy, so I have made changes to how they work.

The watchlist emails will now be a "daily digest" type email. You will get a single email shortly after midnight that contains all of the entries that have been added for the previous day that fell within your designated zip code and distance.

Hope this change helps your inbox!
- Russell
kmedcalf
Liked: 1 time

Although I don't use the feature, thanks for your efforts to help reduce email congestion.

One small suggestion however - perhaps choose a different time of day to send the email, or let the user select a time. I know that I hate having an email arrive and wake me up shortly after I've gotten to sleep. Since my phone is on 24/7, the email notification tone will positively wake me.

Just a thought, and again, thanks for all you do with this board and texas3006.com.
Russell
Site Admin

Not a bad idea. It will be delivered around 7am now.
RiverKing

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! for this change. I never deleted all of these notifications at once because I wanted to see where the new signs were posted and what those signs were. But deleting them individually was getting to be a real chore.

Might I suggest however that you include the type(s) of signs for each entry in your new format. For facilities that I do visit or might have occasion to visit in the future, this information will help me know which to avoid and which to investigate further via the links you provide.

Again, thank you very much for this improvement.
Russell
Site Admin

Might I suggest however that you include the type(s) of signs for each entry in your new format. For facilities that I do visit or might have occasion to visit in the future, this information will help me know which to avoid and which to investigate further via the links you provide.
That was an oversight - I meant to include that in the new emails.

Done.