30.05/Gunbuster signs are now supported

Information and updates
oohrah
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 14 times

C-dub wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:03 pm
oohrah wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:38 am My fav liquor store still has TABC Blue signs up, probably going to take a while.
I haven't kept up with this so much since I do have a license. However, has the TABC changed their policy?

Also, IIRC, that sign really applies to the store and the store would be the one fined, no? I may have that backwards or the unlicensed person that is caught will be fined and the business could lose their license to sell alcohol. Like I said, I haven't kept up with this area of the laws since I do have an LTC.
The CC law canceled the TABC Blue sign., so it is no longer illegal for an unlicensed person to carry in a store where alcohol is sold. I'm sure it will be a long time before everyone gets caught up.
oohrah
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 14 times

Jusme wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:00 am
C-dub wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:03 pm
oohrah wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:38 am My fav liquor store still has TABC Blue signs up, probably going to take a while.
I haven't kept up with this so much since I do have a license. However, has the TABC changed their policy?

Also, IIRC, that sign really applies to the store and the store would be the one fined, no? I may have that backwards or the unlicensed person that is caught will be fined and the business could lose their license to sell alcohol. Like I said, I haven't kept up with this area of the laws since I do have an LTC.

Posting incorrect signs, is a TABC violation. Penalties can range from fines, to the loss of their liquor license. Now, how often it is applied, is another story. From my experience, the TABC, is slow to react to any complaints, regarding incorrect signage.
I filed three separate complaints against a restaurant, that had posted 51% signs, when it was listed on the TABC site as a blue sign establishment. I even had the local State rep, get involved. (of course she was a Democrat, so I have no idea how much pressure was actually brought to bear)

But at last check, the signs were still in place.

I think that it will take a while until all permitted premises, are in full compliance, some out of stubbornness, and others just being unaware. JMHO
I've had the exact opposite experience. I reported an incorrect posting at a local bar & grill using the TABC phone app. (They were posting both Red and Blue signs, and their license was Blue.) A TABC agent actually called me for clarification, and then went to the place to inspect and correct.