texas sales tax holdiay for emergency prepardness items

Anything else
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/pub ... 8-1017.php

this year it falls between April 23-25
just a few items, but not all, listed
This year’s holiday begins at 12:01 a.m. on Saturday, April 23, and ends at midnight on Monday, April 25.
These emergency preparation supplies qualify for tax exemption if purchased for a sales price:

Less than $3000
Portable generators
Less than $300
Emergency ladders
Hurricane shutters
Less than $75
Axes
Batteries, single or multipack (AAA cell, AA cell, C cell, D cell, 6 volt or 9 volt)
Can openers - nonelectric
Carbon monoxide detectors
Coolers and ice chests for food storage – nonelectric
Fire extinguishers
First aid kits
Fuel containers
Ground anchor systems and tie-down kits
Hatchets
Ice products - reusable and artificial
Light sources - portable self-powered (including battery operated)
Examples of items include: candles, flashlights and lanterns
Mobile telephone batteries and mobile telephone chargers
Radios - portable self-powered (including battery operated) - includes two-way and weather band radios
Smoke detectors
Tarps and other plastic sheeting
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

Every day is a sales tax holiday in NH. :)
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

KBCraig wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:42 pm Every day is a sales tax holiday in NH. :)
As long as you can live with bone chilling cold and snow🥶
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
KBCraig

Bitter Clinger wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:11 pm
KBCraig wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 11:42 pm Every day is a sales tax holiday in NH. :)
I left my home one morning when it was clear, blue, and -29F; it was still and perfectly comfortable. I flew into Dallas where it was 34 and blowing freezing rain, and I froze my ass off.

I will take NH winters over TX winters, any day. And let's not even get started about summers...
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

KBCraig wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:05 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:11 pm
I left my home one morning when it was clear, blue, and -29F; it was still and perfectly comfortable. I flew into Dallas where it was 34 and blowing freezing rain, and I froze my ass off.

I will take NH winters over TX winters, any day. And let's not even get started about summers...

If it was only a single day sure, but months of winter vs. a few days is significant.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
KBCraig

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 8:01 am
KBCraig wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 7:05 pm I will take NH winters over TX winters, any day. And let's not even get started about summers...

If it was only a single day sure, but months of winter vs. a few days is significant.
That actually makes it easier. From late October through April, we know pretty much what's coming, so we dress for it every day. If it's warmer, we strip off a layer and enjoy it.

People whose daily apparel 90%+ of the year is shorts, t-shirt, and flip-flops, have a much harder time adjusting. It's easier to take off clothing than to add clothing that you don't have with you.

Once I flew into Manchester in August and rented a car, and there was an ice scraper sitting in the back seat. In August!

Living deliberately is very freeing.