Happy Birthday USA!!

Anything else
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

I hope everyone has a great 4th of July! Despite the current political situation, currently taking place, I am still proud to be an American!

One way to tell how great a country really is, is by the number of people trying to get here. Don’t see a lot of people jumping on inner tubes trying to get to Cuba!

Happy Birthday, to the greatest country on earth!
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

Happy birthday Calvin Coolidge!

The only President born on July 4 was also our greatest President.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

245 years of freedom!!!

Jusme put it right. Despite how much animosity is portrayed in the social and mainstream media circles, this really is still the best nation on Earth. People are still flocking to enter our nation from all over the world, while a trivially insignificant amount are trying to leave.
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

While we were setting in the Colorado River this 4th drinking Shiner, watching the kids float in tubes and splash around, surrounded by at least 100ft cliffs, my buddy and I had a conversation about wonder if anybody in China or Russia is doing this right now. We are truly blessed to live in the USA.

Here's are 4th rundown.
Pancakes (peanut butter and honey on top), bacon, and eggs for breakfast. Chased with whole milk and coffee.
Nap time for those that could nap (I never can)
Go float/swim/set in the river for hours sipping on cold Shiner's.
Grill hotdogs and sausage while the peach cobbler and ice cream is making in the camper.
Go back to the river and light off a bunch of fireworks while playing Ray Charles "America"

:flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa: :flags-usa:
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

The most Texas thing I could do, I did in New Hampshire: smoked a brisket.

I don't want to talk about the ridiculous price I paid for a packer-cut vacpac flat, but I bought one. I dry-brined it with SPG and some paprika for 24 hours, then put it in the smoker until it hit 205F internal.

This was definitely better than the one that won me a blue ribbon in Texas.
Brisket 1.jpg
Brisket 2.jpg
You must LOGIN to view the files attached to this post.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

Looks good.

We camped all weekend. Tried stuffed tenderloin Friday. I need to get a smoker for the Taj Mahal on wheels. They would have came out better.

Steaks and taters on Saturday.

I eat way too good camping.
You must LOGIN to view the files attached to this post.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"