HOG Hunt

Anything else
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

We are finally going to be dry enough to get up to the hog land.

but my shooting spot is going to be sitting vice normal prone, its a two person sit on ground tent blind.
my body is old and does not like to bend, i tried a few positions in the garage, leaning on the wall as it were a tree and trying to find a compromise for the knees.

did the leg open and bent method Texas parks and wildlife site demonstrates, but its still not a smooth move or provides for IMO fast adjustments of aim.

any suggestions for old less bendy dude would be appreciated

i thought i may take a small table to use in conjunction with my bi pod, but i have to carry it all in the 1/2 mile :geek:
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
C-dub
Has liked: 17 times
Liked: 10 times

If you don't already have them, get a box of the hot hands packet things. Put them in your pockets. The warmth may help with stiffness.
I am not and have never been an LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Sergeant Mike Smith, who was murdered along with 4 other LEO's on 7.7.2016.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 212 times

Maybe you can find something that will work for you at Caldwell?:
https://www.caldwellshooting.com/rests/ ... ml#start=1
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
powerboatr

C-dub wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 6:01 pm If you don't already have them, get a box of the hot hands packet things. Put them in your pockets. The warmth may help with stiffness.
i am laughing as my hunting partner just bought a few packs of hand warmers.

never thought about a portable seat with table.

i keep threatening to take my expedition and open the rear and lay there up off the ground, make him sit in the tent :mrgreen:
its going to be cold tomorrow and sat
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 29 times
Liked: 117 times

powerboatr wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:53 pm i thought i may take a small table to use in conjunction with my bi pod, but i have to carry it all in the 1/2 mile :geek:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

I have one of these that I take dove hunting, holds cooler, decoys, shells, folding stool, and shotgun.

https://www.target.com/p/mac-sports-all ... A-16799421
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
powerboatr

Jusme wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:01 pm I have one of these that I take dove hunting, holds cooler, decoys, shells, folding stool, and shotgun.

https://www.target.com/p/mac-sports-all ... A-16799421
good idea, my mom has one from costco, am going to see if i can borrow it :dance:

we got scrubbed this morning, so hopefully sat is a better run. starting to loose my patience with the other lease holders, they got the mule buried in the mud :naughty: :naughty:
C-dub
Has liked: 17 times
Liked: 10 times

I have this from Northern Tool.

It isn't collapsible, but it is larger with bigger wheels for "off road" type terrain.
I am not and have never been an LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Sergeant Mike Smith, who was murdered along with 4 other LEO's on 7.7.2016.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member
Si vis pacem, para bellum
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

My suggestion takes more effort but dragging an old recliner out there. Maybe a space heater. A TV and a small quiet generator to supply power. Some chips and salsa to snack on and you have everything required for blind hunting.
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:47 pm My suggestion takes more effort but dragging an old recliner out there. Maybe a space heater. A TV and a small quiet generator to supply power. Some chips and salsa to snack on and you have everything required for blind hunting.
Don't forget the mini fridge! Might as well bring a stereo too for some music when there isn't anything on TV.