Best wife ever

Anything else
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

jason812 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:17 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:59 pm

Diesel is a less refined product than gas. Craziness. Thank you Joe Xiden!
As much as I would like to pin this on the puppet in chief, this is from the EPA around 2008 when they mandated that diesel go from low sulphur to ultra low sulphur. Its the added process of removing the sulphur which drove the prices up and have caused numerous maintenance issues on older diesel pickups. Sulphur has lubricating properties and in older engines designed for low sulphur, the ultra low has dry rotted seals and caused fuel injector issues due to lack of lubrication. That's why it's recommended to use some additive on older engines. I was told by a tractor salvage yard to make sure I use some in my old tractor as the fuel pump is worth more than I paid for the thing.

She's a good wife if she's paying for it :mrgreen: . My wife would bring me a new truck and the bill to go with it.
we had a 1992 f250 for ten years, it suffered the ULSD woes right before i traded it in on a 2002 f350, we used to get a tax credit back in the day :D :D

married = its all our money or is it HER money? yep it still gets paid for from OUR money :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
she is still having fun with the YOU crunched it story, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

powerboatr wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:53 am

we had a 1992 f250 for ten years, it suffered the ULSD woes right before i traded it in on a 2002 f350, we used to get a tax credit back in the day :D :D

married = its all our money or is it HER money? yep it still gets paid for from OUR money :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
she is still having fun with the YOU crunched it story, :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I'm still pimping an '02 Excursion with a 7.3L and 171k miles. Last year I had to completely rebuild the fuel filter bowl due to it leaking. The O-rings had a dissolved look to them and the ones on the drain were split in 2.

It is all her money, I know that's the truth :laughing-rolling:

I do like the color and stance of your truck though. From using a friend of mines, they are beasts. I used his 2018 dually to haul my 9K lb tractor and I had to set the cruise at 65 because you couldn't tell with the go pedal anything was behind you.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

As much as I would like to pin this on the puppet in chief, this is from the EPA around 2008 when they mandated that diesel go from low sulphur to ultra low sulphur. Its the added process of removing the sulphur which drove the prices up and have caused numerous maintenance issues on older diesel pickups. Sulphur has lubricating properties and in older engines designed for low sulphur, the ultra low has dry rotted seals and caused fuel injector issues due to lack of lubrication. That's why it's recommended to use some additive on older engines. I was told by a tractor salvage yard to make sure I use some in my old tractor as the fuel pump is worth more than I paid for the thing.

She's a good wife if she's paying for it :mrgreen: . My wife would bring me a new truck and the bill to go with it.
ULSD is still an issue today. These new trucks still use a variant of the Bosch CP4 high pressure fuel pump in the engine bay. It is lubricated solely by the diesel fuel. If you're not careful with fueling, the innards will disintegrate and cause major damage to the fuel and injection system. I recommend putting in some sort of lubricant additive such as Hot Shot Secret and make sure the tank doesn't go below 1/4 full. I normally fill mine up every 25 gallons.
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

strogg wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:01 am

ULSD is still an issue today. These new trucks still use a variant of the Bosch CP4 high pressure fuel pump in the engine bay. It is lubricated solely by the diesel fuel. If you're not careful with fueling, the innards will disintegrate and cause major damage to the fuel and injection system. I recommend putting in some sort of lubricant additive such as Hot Shot Secret and make sure the tank doesn't go below 1/4 full. I normally fill mine up every 25 gallons.
yep been doing that with our bus Cummins engine since new and running b20 every chance i get.
used to make my own bio fuel,

thanks
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

I did not know this but it makes sense. That was about the time the prices started exceeding gasoline prices.