a come to Jesus talk with neighbor an hour ago

Anything else
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

We normally lock the entrance door, out of habit and because we are both hearing impaired somewhat. we have a door bell at the carport by the gate that YOU must open to gain entry to our walkway that leads to the porch, which leads to the main door (which is normally locked) .
upon entry there is a MUDROOM and you can choose to go left or right through another set of doors to get to the main kitchen and house or the rv garage (man room) :D

we baby sit my dear friends house across the street, so we routinely go over there and dust or run a vacuum if needed, snag a beer , drive his car, wash his car, etc.

Today, my wife was over there and i was home, so door was unlocked. I go to the little boys room, then came out to kitchen (which places my back to the doors) and proceed to wash veggies and stuff for my nachos, ( jalpenos, maters etc.) all the sudden my dog flips out and starts barking that, I am going to eat you bark. I turn around i see a person walking past me back towards the door. I couldn't make them out right away as the lights were on low and they moved quickly. then i see its my neighbor lady that i know, but dont really have much to do with, i am polite to her but no BBQ invites. I yell WTF are you doing in my house, you could have just got shot.. she looked me dead in the eye and screeched that she banged on the door and no one answered. so i ask why didnt you ring the doorbell of which you had to walk right past as you went through the gate.. of course i get the liberal from Illinois look ( she moved her form there a few years back) . and right on que she says what doorbell :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I guess in her mind, if you dont answer the door, just walk the heck in...
so she quickly exits my house to the porch as i follow , chewing her out. then she stops and says she wanted me to move my car (which is parked across street under a carport) so her visiting brother could avoid the impending hail storm. i am thinking you are one dumb crazy woman, but with lots of expletives in my head, plus a mental image of twisting her head off like a bottle cap

i keep one car over there to confuse people and rotate my 2 with my buddys car he leaves here. so i say sure ( i am a good neighbor) so i go over and pull my car up so her brother can come over and park behind me under the 50 foot carport.

well a few minutes go by and my buddy calls me, because she called her sister, who then chewed out her husband ( who is an acquaintance of my buddy)and had him call my buddy in florida to complain that i yelled at her. of course he asked what was up and i told him, of course he has my back as always and said, i should have just shot her. :mrgreen:
Her sister is a real PITA if you know what i mean.

then my buddy asks why my neighbor lady didnt just ask my wife to move the car, because she had seen my wife over there sweeping the porch and her sisters husband relayed the fact we were in his house :doh: :doh: :doh:

so long story short... i didnt let my dog bite and i didnt lock the door. :naughty: and she now knows a few new bad words spoken from the heart by this old sailor
mind you, she has my freaking phone number and knows how to use it ALOT . i know why her husband died young, she is useless.

i feel better now
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

You're better than me that's all I have to say. Plus there no way I would have moved my car for her brother.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. I guess, in Illinois, most people don't carry guns, so the probability of getting shot by doing things the wrong way, is pretty low.

As you said, when she got no answer at the door, look for a doorbell, if still no response, you assume two things. One: no one is home so DON'T GO IN! :naughty: Two: No one wants to see you, so DON'T GO IN!! :naughty: :naughty:

Even my closest relatives know to knock or ring the bell before entering my home.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

She’s lucky that she wasn’t answering your questions with a muzzle against her forehead.
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

Jusme wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:32 am There is a right way and a wrong way to do things. I guess, in Illinois, most people don't carry guns, so the probability of getting shot by doing things the wrong way, is pretty low.

As you said, when she got no answer at the door, look for a doorbell, if still no response, you assume two things. One: no one is home so DON'T GO IN! :naughty: Two: No one wants to see you, so DON'T GO IN!! :naughty: :naughty:

Even my closest relatives know to knock or ring the bell before entering my home.
I have full camper hookups at my house and due to the shut downs in the spring last year, we had a buddy and his family come camp at the house. I told them the house would be unlocked if they needed something in the middle of the night. They informed me that under no circumstances would they come in my house before the sun was up and knew I was awake.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Being from IllinoisE, she is a Yankee. Staying here makes her a damned Yankee. I have trouble picturing some stick up their butt Yankee thinking it is OK to just walk in a persons home. That woman is a fool and is lucky she did not get herself shot.
powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

i was worried that i was over the top last night,
in fact i ran it through my mind more than once in the middle of the night,
i even watched my security camera footage and she looked at the doorbell but was busy yapping on her phone , she even had a hard time opening my gate, and she knocked and waited the customary 24 seconds before opening the door :shock:

we have no problem protecting our place and she really had no idea how close she came to a hot item directed her way
or my dog taking a chunk out of your large dairy air-re . i have never sen my dog go ballistic like that , she loves most people

talked to my buddy again this morning and apparently the sister had her hubby call him again upset that i yelled at her and all. of course him being a sick sense of humor veteran like me, we had a few laughs at her expense

darn even my mon knocks and waits.

my wife said maybe she waited until she saw my wife across the street and was looking for some afternoon action, i threw up in mouth a little when she said that :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

thanks for letting me vent, didnt want to seem crazy, but i was more than freaked out
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:41 pm Being from IllinoisE, she is a Yankee. Staying here makes her a damned Yankee. I have trouble picturing some stick up their butt Yankee thinking it is OK to just walk in a persons home. That woman is a fool and is lucky she did not get herself shot.
Illinois isn't Yankee.

I moved to northern New England, where even southern New England isn't considered "yankee".

Yankees leave you alone, and want to be left alone.

Those damn "northerners" give Yankees a bad name.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

:lol: :lol:
JohnD
Has liked: 2 times
Liked: 3 times

The dog is apparently a great judge of character. ;-)