a come to Jesus talk with neighbor an hour ago

Anything else
rotor
Has liked: 10 times
Liked: 21 times

I am a born Yankee and born again Texan. The one thing a Yankee knows is to lock your door. That's why they make keys. My dog makes up for my senior hearing loss.
That woman is sooo lucky she wasn't shot. At minimum she should have seen a gun pointed at her.
Ed4032
Has liked: 20 times
Liked: 2 times

Everyone north of the Mason-Dixon line is a damn yankee.
NRA Life member
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Ed4032 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:57 am Everyone north of the Mason-Dixon line is a damn yankee.
I have to respectfully disagree. Everyone who lives above the MD line is just a Yankee. They don’t become a Damn Yankee until they move down here!! :whistle:
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

Jusme wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 8:27 am
Ed4032 wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 7:57 am Everyone north of the Mason-Dixon line is a damn yankee.
I have to respectfully disagree. Everyone who lives above the MD line is just a Yankee. They don’t become a Damn Yankee until they move down here!! :whistle:
I think you misspelled it. There is an old saying that I did not know damnyankee was one word until I moved to Texas.
Steve Rothstein
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

I might be wrong but the correct answer may be carpetbagger. To me, Yankee and damn Yankee still implies that the individual is still up north some where. Carpetbagger means they brought their unruly behind here and will not conform to our way of life.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

The Mason-Dixon line is pretty far north.

Being from Arkansas, I always thought of Virginia and DC as "northern", and Maryland was definitely northern!

But despite my upbringing, I was surprised when I drove to New Jersey once for a family reunion. After passing through WV and VA, we went through the Maryland panhandle into PA. I've never seen as many Confederate flags in the South as I saw in western MD. They know exactly where that line is, and which side they were on.

Culturally, western and eastern MD are more separated than Alabama and NYC.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

KBCraig wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:35 pm Culturally, western and eastern MD are more separated than Alabama and NYC.
My brother, who grew up in Philly and is the token liberal in the family now lives in the Lancaster County area in PA. He is constantly complaining about the conservative attitudes that are strong in the middle of PA. Physically and culturally, Philly and Pittsburgh are both near NYC and the rest of the Northeast corridor. From what I gather, central PA is physically near NYC but culturally somewhere much closer LA (Lower Appalachia).
Steve Rothstein