Time to open Texas!

Anything else
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:06 amYour response has nothing to do with what I said. Regardless of who or why people have been lead to believe it, The reason there are people who want others to wear a mask is that a mask does not protect the wearer, it is suppose to keep the wearer from accidentally spreading the virus to others through their spittle. It has nothing to do with shame. It is about self preservation and what they feel needs to happen to achieve it.
I disagree with your point on why they want to force others to wear a mask. I believe it is a much more deeply rooted cause and that they are using this logic to rationalize their belief. I say this because this logic misses one very important fact, a cognitive dissonance if you will. Whether I wear a mas or not does not affect my chances of spreading the COVID or any other virus IF I do not have the virus to begin with. They are ignoring this fact and the actual transmission/infection rates because they are wearing masks and have bought into the concept of it being a good thing to do. They further this cognitive dissonance by arguing that you can spread the germs before you are symptomatic, which implies that I might have COVID and not realize it.

They also ignore the reports of how well the masks work or do not work. Do you remember the report that said that wearing a mask made out of regular cloth, such as a bandana, is likely to spread the virus further by breaking up the droplets into smaller droplets that carry farther in the air than they would have otherwise. It was on mainstream media for a few days but disappeared quickly.
Steve Rothstein
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 212 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:01 am
Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:55 am Has anyone else also noticed that the worst drivers are also the same people who wear a mask while driving alone in their vehicle?
OH MAN! That is my all time favorite. The first time I saw that I tried to get a cell phone picture but the driver spotted me trying to get the picture and sped off. I witnessed two older ladies in a Mexican food restaurant wearing masks while eating. I kid you not, they would pull the mask down, take a bite and then pull it back up again.
OK, I'll see that and raise you :mrgreen:

I read a comment from a left wing liberal North Dallas Dem who stated that they were quarantining in Santa FE and felt "very safe" as they were outdoors taking a walk and saw others outside also wearing a mask (probably in a 10-15 mph cross wind!). I see all kinds of idiots walking ALONE outside in my neighborhood and wearing a mask. Maybe I should start wearing my plate carrier...
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

srothstein wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:38 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:06 amYour response has nothing to do with what I said. Regardless of who or why people have been lead to believe it, The reason there are people who want others to wear a mask is that a mask does not protect the wearer, it is suppose to keep the wearer from accidentally spreading the virus to others through their spittle. It has nothing to do with shame. It is about self preservation and what they feel needs to happen to achieve it.
I disagree with your point on why they want to force others to wear a mask. I believe it is a much more deeply rooted cause and that they are using this logic to rationalize their belief. I say this because this logic misses one very important fact, a cognitive dissonance if you will. Whether I wear a mas or not does not affect my chances of spreading the COVID or any other virus IF I do not have the virus to begin with. They are ignoring this fact and the actual transmission/infection rates because they are wearing masks and have bought into the concept of it being a good thing to do. They further this cognitive dissonance by arguing that you can spread the germs before you are symptomatic, which implies that I might have COVID and not realize it.

They also ignore the reports of how well the masks work or do not work. Do you remember the report that said that wearing a mask made out of regular cloth, such as a bandana, is likely to spread the virus further by breaking up the droplets into smaller droplets that carry farther in the air than they would have otherwise. It was on mainstream media for a few days but disappeared quickly.
I completely agree with this. Yes, I certainly do remember the report. It was amazing how quick they buried it. I also remember reports of how touching the mask while wearing it also renders it useless. That one was buried as well. I see people fiddling around with their masks constantly. Most folks wear the same old mask day in and day out. It becomes a petrie dish of germs. Then they use the same hands they are fiddling with the mask to touch goods in the store, the credit card machine, door handles... on and on.

Personally, I think the mask thing is a complete farce. I was simply pointing out one of the reasons many people want others to wear masks. It amazes me how many people think wearing a mask protects them from getting Covid. When Herman Cane passed from Covid the number of people posting on FB that this is why he should have been wearing a mask was astounding. These morons obviously thought mask wearing protects you from Covid. I often compare a mask to a security blanket for the three year old only worse. The three year old now insists everybody carry a security blanket.
03Lightningrocks

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:58 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:01 am
Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:55 am Has anyone else also noticed that the worst drivers are also the same people who wear a mask while driving alone in their vehicle?
OH MAN! That is my all time favorite. The first time I saw that I tried to get a cell phone picture but the driver spotted me trying to get the picture and sped off. I witnessed two older ladies in a Mexican food restaurant wearing masks while eating. I kid you not, they would pull the mask down, take a bite and then pull it back up again.
OK, I'll see that and raise you :mrgreen:

I read a comment from a left wing liberal North Dallas Dem who stated that they were quarantining in Santa FE and felt "very safe" as they were outdoors taking a walk and saw others outside also wearing a mask (probably in a 10-15 mph cross wind!). I see all kinds of idiots walking ALONE outside in my neighborhood and wearing a mask. Maybe I should start wearing my plate carrier...
:lol:
03Lightningrocks

60 year old woman decides to be a trespassing test case. From body cam footage the cop gave her a chance to get a mask and come back to get her money out. Then he gave her the chance to leave. At that point she went full blown George Floyd on him. She must not have gotten the memo that only black folks are allowed to resist arrest. She failed to shout, "I can't breath". One must know the rules before fighting with a cop.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-woman- ... nk-bodycam
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:26 pm 60 year old woman decides to be a trespassing test case. From body cam footage the cop gave her a chance to get a mask and come back to get her money out. Then he gave her the chance to leave. At that point she went full blown George Floyd on him. She must not have gotten the memo that only black folks are allowed to resist arrest. She failed to shout, "I can't breath". One must know the rules before fighting with a cop.

This wasn't a mask issue. It was a property rights issue, and she failed to understand that she has zero right to enter and remain against the wishes of the property owner.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
03Lightningrocks

KBCraig wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:50 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:26 pm 60 year old woman decides to be a trespassing test case. From body cam footage the cop gave her a chance to get a mask and come back to get her money out. Then he gave her the chance to leave. At that point she went full blown George Floyd on him. She must not have gotten the memo that only black folks are allowed to resist arrest. She failed to shout, "I can't breath". One must know the rules before fighting with a cop.

This wasn't a mask issue. It was a property rights issue, and she failed to understand that she has zero right to enter and remain against the wishes of the property owner.
Exactly