Time to open Texas!

Anything else
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Flightmare wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:09 am 156461358_3002837936600768_8774418785213807883_n.jpg
The frustrating part of the whole mask issue is that it was turned into a political ping ball ball. The government should have never issued mask mandates or closures to begin with. Now we have people on both sides of the issue turning it into some kind of goofy symbolism.

Do masks reduce the spread of Covid? I honestly have my doubts. I think it has become a "woobie" for many people. Like a superman cape for a 4 year old. I will admit to wondering if masks are responsible for less flu cases this year. then again, I also wonder if flu cases are being called Covid and disappearing in the statistics. Like folks who have died from COPD at 88 years old. There are many, many instances popping up now of hospital staff being encouraged to call it Covid no matter the real reason for death.
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

I wonder if the reason no one asked me to put on a mask was because I was OC? :mrgreen:

I also figured out that my AR with a chainsaw bayonet attachment, provided the six foot social distancing, required in most locations.

However, before Wuhan Flu, and I wasn't wearing a mask, most people stayed at least six feet away anyway. They must have been concerned for my health and well being. :mrgreen:
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
03Lightningrocks

Jusme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:27 pm I wonder if the reason no one asked me to put on a mask was because I was OC? :mrgreen:

I also figured out that my AR with a chainsaw bayonet attachment, provided the six foot social distancing, required in most locations.

However, before Wuhan Flu, and I wasn't wearing a mask, most people stayed at least six feet away anyway. They must have been concerned for my health and well being. :mrgreen:
I have gone into places with no mask and have not been accosted either. I don't open carry so I figured it was because I am old, 290 pounds and look a little on the rough side. It is probably just good luck that I have yet to run into a "Karen" while going with no mask. It wasn't really intentional. I just forget sometimes. Maybe I should start open carrying. It sounds like it helps. Haha
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Texas Removes Mask Mandate To Scare All The Californians Away
https://babylonbee.com/news/in-an-effor ... sk-mandate
AUSTIN, TX—Governor Greg Abbott of Texas has just lifted the mask mandate and is allowing business to return to 100% capacity. The Governor explains that in these trying times, extreme measures must be taken to stop the spread of Californians into Texas and to scare them off from ever wanting to return.
:lol:
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

bblhd672 wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:52 pm Texas Removes Mask Mandate To Scare All The Californians Away
https://babylonbee.com/news/in-an-effor ... sk-mandate
AUSTIN, TX—Governor Greg Abbott of Texas has just lifted the mask mandate and is allowing business to return to 100% capacity. The Governor explains that in these trying times, extreme measures must be taken to stop the spread of Californians into Texas and to scare them off from ever wanting to return.
:lol:
Too bad thats not true.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
bblhd672

Wife and I went to eat dinner tonight at Spring Creek BBQ in Mansfield. The “Masks required” signs no longer on the door so we didn’t put them on. The two ladies and their children in the line ahead of us weren’t masked. All the employees were. Saw a few other customers not wearing masks.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

jason812 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:15 pm
“Today’s announcement does not abandon safe practices that Texans have mastered over the past year,” Abbott stated. “Instead, it is a reminder that each person has a role to play in their own personal safety and the safety of others. With this executive order, we are ensuring that all businesses and families in Texas have the freedom to determine their own destiny.”
If he truly believed this, we would have never been shutdown to begin with.

He can still kiss my rear end.
"Texas Governor Hailed As Conservative Hero For Ending Unconstitutional Mandates He Implemented"

HEB is ending their mandate, and rolling back to "request but not require". So is Randalls, and presumably the other Albertsons banners in Texas (Albertsons, Tom Thumb, United). I work for an Albertsons banner in New England, and that was our policy before we had a state mandate.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/busine ... 994817.php
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 29 times
Liked: 117 times

Flightmare wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:09 am 156461358_3002837936600768_8774418785213807883_n.jpg
So much this.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
03Lightningrocks

Jusme wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:27 pm I wonder if the reason no one asked me to put on a mask was because I was OC? :mrgreen:

The irony of this just hit me. If they called the cops on you they would report that there is a MWAG and he is NOT wearing a mask. It was not that long ago that MWAG wearing a mask would be a problem.
bblhd672

H-E-B reverses mask decision for customers throughout Texas after backlash
https://fortworth.culturemap.com/news/r ... ash-covid/
H-E-B issued a statement March 5 saying customers, employees, and vendors still must put on masks even after the statewide mask mandate ends on March 10. Previously, the San Antonio-based company said it would require employees and vendors to wear masks inside stores owned by H-E-B but would only recommend shoppers do so.
Those who get their jollies controlling others win again....