03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Way past time to stop this Government over reach

https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/03 ... tKxc4iURmg
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

“Today’s announcement does not abandon safe practices that Texans have mastered over the past year,” Abbott stated. “Instead, it is a reminder that each person has a role to play in their own personal safety and the safety of others. With this executive order, we are ensuring that all businesses and families in Texas have the freedom to determine their own destiny.”
If he truly believed this, we would have never been shutdown to begin with.

He can still kiss my rear end.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

jason812 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:15 pm
“Today’s announcement does not abandon safe practices that Texans have mastered over the past year,” Abbott stated. “Instead, it is a reminder that each person has a role to play in their own personal safety and the safety of others. With this executive order, we are ensuring that all businesses and families in Texas have the freedom to determine their own destiny.”

I agree!
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

I’m glad that there will be no Statewide mandates regarding businesses reopening 100%. What I foresee, is County judges, suddenly putting on their dictator hats to keep up the charade. I agree, the Governor should have never issued any mandates, and let the left wing radical mayors and judges be exposed. While those who have to live/work where they are under the control of wannabe tyrants, would have still suffered, it may have moved the electorate more red, if they saw those in red counties, enjoying more freedom. JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
03Lightningrocks

bblhd672 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:23 pm
jason812 wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:15 pm

I agree!
While I agree he never should have done it to begin with, I understand why he did. He was under tremendous pressure from the far left. He was also watching President Trump getting rail roaded for his response. I am going to have to accept that he saw the error of his ways and has now corrected them.
03Lightningrocks

Jusme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:43 pm I’m glad that there will be no Statewide mandates regarding businesses reopening 100%. What I foresee, is County judges, suddenly putting on their dictator hats to keep up the charade. I agree, the Governor should have never issued any mandates, and let the left wing radical mayors and judges be exposed. While those who have to live/work where they are under the control of wannabe tyrants, would have still suffered, it may have moved the electorate more red, if they saw those in red counties, enjoying more freedom. JMHO
Especially in areas with heavy leftist politicians. Not to mention lost business to freedom counties. For instance, Dallas county can make a mandate but it will simply drive business to Collin county.
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 29 times
Liked: 117 times

Jusme wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:43 pm I’m glad that there will be no Statewide mandates regarding businesses reopening 100%. What I foresee, is County judges, suddenly putting on their dictator hats to keep up the charade. I agree, the Governor should have never issued any mandates, and let the left wing radical mayors and judges be exposed. While those who have to live/work where they are under the control of wannabe tyrants, would have still suffered, it may have moved the electorate more red, if they saw those in red counties, enjoying more freedom. JMHO
Per the EO, county judges can only reinstate the mandate IF COVID-19 hospitalizations for that county exceed 15% of bed capacity. Otherwise, they can go pound sand.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:43 pm
Per the EO, county judges can only reinstate the mandate IF COVID-19 hospitalizations for that county exceed 15% of bed capacity. Otherwise, they can go pound sand.
There is a rumor going around on social media that Clay Jenkins is pressuring hospitals to reduce ICU capacity in order to maintain lockdowns. I've not seen evidence of this, hence the "rumor" part.
Jusme

And if I read the article correctly, even if they impose restrictions, they cannot impose fines, which would make them irrelevant, in any event.

Jusme

Flightmare wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:19 pm
There is a rumor going around on social media that Clay Jenkins is pressuring hospitals to reduce ICU capacity in order to maintain lockdowns. I've not seen evidence of this, hence the "rumor" part.

It would not surprise me, since he has shown his true true desire to become the Mao of Dallas County.