Winter weather 2021

Anything else
kpflounder
Has liked: 83 times
Liked: 11 times

Guess who is buying a generator with their bonus check? I know absolutely nothing about them including how to use it. But I have Google.
I found firewood in stock, but I can't raise my garage door with no power.
I'm sure there is a release, but it's wired weird. 🤷‍♀️ Next available grocery delivery date is February 23 at 7 am.
How long is it safe to sit in a car and charge phone/run heater? I have a 3/4 enclosed garage. It's completely open towards my house.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

kpflounder wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 11:58 am Guess who is buying a generator with their bonus check? I know absolutely nothing about them including how to use it. But I have Google.
I found firewood in stock, but I can't raise my garage door with no power.
I'm sure there is a release, but it's wired weird. 🤷‍♀️ Next available grocery delivery date is February 23 at 7 am.
How long is it safe to sit in a car and charge phone/run heater? I have a 3/4 enclosed garage. It's completely open towards my house.
If there is a breeze going through, it is perfectly safe. I fell asleep in my truck yesterday. I opened the garage a couple feet by pulling the release from opener. I almost ran out of gas. Now I have about 2 miles worth and will need it to get to gas station once they are operational again.
03Lightningrocks

Check out this little gift from our PUC!! Sorry no good SOB's!

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-utility- ... es-1569554
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

Yesterday morning I had to cook the food in my fridge that was in danger of going off:

Pawpaw
Has liked: 52 times
Liked: 29 times

03Lightningrocks

AndyC wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:39 am Yesterday morning I had to cook the food in my fridge that was in danger of going off:

LOL... that is not much food. I am single and have three times that much meat in my freezer. You barely have enough for a good breakfast. :banana-dance:
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

So far, in our part of Johnson County, we have only experienced a few power outages. Since Sunday, every night at about 7 pm, it goes out, and is restored in 30 minutes. Plumbing has held up for the most part, the only exception, is the water line to our fridge. I routed it through an exterior wall. It did not break, and I have an isolation valve to turn off pressure.

Driving conditions, have improved, but the county and farm to market roads are still solidly covered with packed snow.

I'm thankful for global warming, I can't imagine how bad it would be otherwise. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
oohrah
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 14 times

Pawpaw wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:23 pm Image
Contrary to popular opinion, it wasn't the windmills or solar that failed us. It was the gross mismanagement by ERCOT that had gas-fired and other plants offline due to poor preparation or maintenance. With 25% of those plants offline, the production capacity couldn't meet demand.
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

That was an interesting journey.... So Monday morning 2AM the rolling blackouts started. Tuesday morning, the power came on at 10AM for all of 5 minutes. The next time power came on was Wednesday at 9PM or so for all of 6 minutes 33 seconds. The rest of the neighborhood was experiencing the normal blackout rotation, but we weren't. After the power went out again Wednesday night, my neighbor and I flagged down an Oncor truck that was driving by. Yes, two grown men flagged down a utility truck like it was an ice cream van. What times we live in! Anyway, we apparently blew fuses, which is why power was not working for our corner of the neighborhood. The gentleman was super nice and dedicated, so props to him. He got authorization for a larger fuse, and our power has been back up since with no interruption. Hopefully this will last for good.
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:24 am LOL... that is not much food. I am single and have three times that much meat in my freezer. You barely have enough for a good breakfast. :banana-dance:
I said fridge ie. defosted meat - my freezer is packed, so the contents were in little danger of thawing.
Last edited by AndyC on Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.