Anyone carry a switchblade knife?

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

Jusme wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:24 pm I have no doubt that AndyC will post photos, and links to some to push me into spending my money on one!!
:D Not this time - I don't find switchblades to be very cost-efficient, sadly.
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

I haven't seen any that are worth the price premium over a good assisted opening knife.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
oohrah
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 14 times

I'm very happy with my Boker Kalashnikov. Carry it right side in my 5.11 knife pocket, keeping the clip on the outside. I can draw and open very quickly. The nice thing is I can always get to it even if holding something in the left hand.
Wild Bill
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 1 time

I don't carry it very often, but I have a HK Epidemic OTF Automatic Knife.
One of the reasons I chose this model was because I am left handed
and it was hard to find models with the button on the correct side of
the handle. At first I was concerned that the knife could accidently
deploy in the pocket, but it take a bit of force to activate the switch.
Also it will not fully deploy if something is in front of the blade. I put
an empty cigarette package in front of the blade and it would not even
puncture the cardboard.
bowserb
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 5 times

Hey guys, thanks for the references. Still learning. Like, "automatic" vs "switchblade." This is not "Rebel Without a Cause" or "Twelve Angry Men" stuff we're looking at nowadays! Also, I'm more of a Glock or S&W rather than Wilson Combat budget, so most Benchmade, from what I see, may be out of my price range. OTOH, the Kalashnikov looks promising, as does Gerber and some Kershaw knives. I need to research further, including folding vs OTF. I see bladehq.com also has a bunch of YouTube videos, which may be of interest--at least until Google decides to take them off. Thanks again. Big help.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

bowserb wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:08 pm Hey guys, thanks for the references. Still learning. Like, "automatic" vs "switchblade." This is not "Rebel Without a Cause" or "Twelve Angry Men" stuff we're looking at nowadays! Also, I'm more of a Glock or S&W rather than Wilson Combat budget, so most Benchmade, from what I see, may be out of my price range. OTOH, the Kalashnikov looks promising, as does Gerber and some Kershaw knives. I need to research further, including folding vs OTF. I see bladehq.com also has a bunch of YouTube videos, which may be of interest--at least until Google decides to take them off. Thanks again. Big help.
These guys are based in Waxahachie, TX. Saw them at NRA event in Fort Worth.
https://templarknife.com/
bowserb
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 5 times

bblhd672 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:13 pm These guys are based in Waxahachie, TX. Saw them at NRA event in Fort Worth.
I just looked. The multiple blade choices and handle finishes are a plus. And reasonably priced, all things considered.
Thanks.
Bill
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

bowserb wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:52 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:13 pm These guys are based in Waxahachie, TX. Saw them at NRA event in Fort Worth.
I just looked. The multiple blade choices and handle finishes are a plus. And reasonably priced, all things considered.
Thanks.
Bill

Yeah Thanks Bblhd672!! I had all but talked myself out of one!!
Texas flag handle, D2 Steel, Dagger blade, Texas company!! Well I guess I don’t need a refrigerator size box under the bridge. A washing machine size will have to do!! :D
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Jusme wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:07 pm
bowserb wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:52 pm
Thanks.
Bill

Yeah Thanks Bblhd672!! I had all but talked myself out of one!!
Texas flag handle, D2 Steel, Dagger blade, Texas company!! Well I guess I don’t need a refrigerator size box under the bridge. A washing machine size will have to do!! :D
Happy to help! :mrgreen:
troglodyte
Liked: 2 times

I carry a Boker Kalashnikov. It’s not the highest quality knife but it’s ok for what I need. At work and around the homestead I’m always needing a utility knife to cut cardboard or such and even dig weeds, always something that is rough on knives. It always seems one hand is tied up holding something so the one-hand operation is favored. The Boker opens easily, holds a decent edge, and doesn’t cost a lot ($45) so when I lose it or break the blade I’m not crying. I’ve had two in about the last five years and I’m due for another one pretty soon.

I carry a Case knife my son gave me for refined work. The Boker is the workhorse.