Anyone carry a switchblade knife?

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
Pawpaw
Has liked: 52 times
Liked: 29 times

bowserb wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:34 pm
Pawpaw wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:03 pm Have you tried loosening the pivot screw? A tiny tension adjustment at that point (if it's possible on that knife) makes a world of difference.
Hey Pawpaw, I'm back. I couldn't tell by looking, but the center of the pivot screw is a T8, and I just happened to have that size Torx bit. Now the surprise. Loosening the screw made the problem worse. The blade swung so fast, it bounced off the stop faster than I could release the button for it to lock. Apparently that was the problem I had, although to a lesser extent. I tightened it a bit, and now it locks every time regardless of how the knife is held. Glad to know that, as I suspect it may need to be adjusted from time to time.
Only time will tell with your knife, but once I adjusted my Kalashnikov, I've never had to touch it. That was several years ago and I use the knife every day.
SQLGeek
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 19 times

I don't currently EDC a knife but I've thought about finding an assisted opening or automatic knife that could serve the many utility needs I often run into. I'll look over some of the models recommended here.

How is Blade HQ for a vendor? Any other dedicated knife vendors y'all would recommend?
Last edited by SQLGeek on Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
<This space intentionally left blank.>
bowserb
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 5 times

SQLGeek wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 3:27 pm I don't currently EDC a knife but I've thought about finding an assisted opening or automatic knife that could serve the many utility needs I often run into. I'll look over some of the models recommended here.

How is Blade HQ for a vendor? Any other dedicate knife vendors y'all would recommend?
This was my first order from bladehq. They have a huge selection (although in some areas it seems like there are twice as many out of stock as in stock), and the prices I was able to compare looked good. They do charge for shipping--at least they did on my order. If found them through their fairly extensive YouTube video library, which I found pretty helpful. I don't expect to become a collector of knives any more than I'm a collector of guns...although somehow I've ended up with seven handguns and three long guns, and I'm not even a hunter. i have to admit, though, I'm curious about an OTF automatic knife now and can sort of see one in my future. Also an Italian Stiletto with a Kriss blade might be fun to own. At least knives, even good ones, are less expensive than handguns of comparable quality--and knives don't require ammo or range fees.