Post your carry gear

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

Thought this might kind of fun :-)

Here's mine. Glock 27 Gen4, Lasermax internal laser, Safariland ALS holster, Kershaw pocket knife in a well used knife sheath :D
You must LOGIN to view the files attached to this post.
SQLGeek
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 19 times

I'll dig my gun out of the safe for a photo in a bit but I'm carrying a 9mm Shield Gen 1 in a sticky holster with a backup 7 round mag in a Wilderness Tactical mag carrier.

I really need to upgrade the holster but I'm thinking about going to a Sig P365XL or Glock 43X for carry instead.
<This space intentionally left blank.>
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

Nice! I also really like the Springfield XDM line, but I haven't yet convinced myself I need another carry gun :D
C-dub
Has liked: 17 times
Liked: 10 times

Hello everyone!

I’m still carrying my Glock 21SF with TLR-1 attached in a Safariland ALS 7395 belt holster. Double mag carrier on opposite side.

New gear is a couple of Kore belts I got for Christmas. Tan web belt with X2 buckle and then my wife also got me a black leather one with the X5. I’m only a few days in with them, but really like them.
I am not and have never been an LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Sergeant Mike Smith, who was murdered along with 4 other LEO's on 7.7.2016.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member
Si vis pacem, para bellum
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Back in the Summer, I went on a gun buying spree. I picked up a CZ 75B in Matte Stainless, and a CZ 75 SP-01 in FDE. I alternate carrying them each week.
My 75B, I carry in a Bullard leather holster and belt with double mag holder on left side. https://bullardleather.com/

My SP-01, I carry in a KT-Mech FDE Kydex, with a matching double mag holder, on a Tan Kore Essentials belt.
https://kt-mech.com/index.html
https://www.koreessentials.com/collecti ... tical-belt

Will have to wait until I'm not at work to try and post pics.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Two options- CC a Shield 2.0 Performance Center model 4” barrel.
047D685D-3D1F-49E5-AD7B-CFF91E4F06E7.jpeg

OC and church security team a Sig P229 Legion.
F90C163C-874A-45B5-93A4-D8ADD852A246.jpeg
You must LOGIN to view the files attached to this post.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Depending on weather and any expectations for how one should dress, I carry any of three Glocks (43, 26, 48) or a Springfield EMP, all in 9mm, with anywhere from 1 to 3 extra mags. Prefer to carry strong side hip OWB but have been known to carry off body and include flashlight, Benchmade or Spyderco folder and "stop the bleed" kits. Preferred holster is "Bravo Concealment".
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
SQLGeek

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:08 pm Depending on weather and any expectations for how one should dress, I carry any of three Glocks (43, 26, 48) or a Springfield EMP, all in 9mm, with anywhere from 1 to 3 extra mags. Prefer to carry strong side hip OWB but have been known to carry off body and include flashlight, Benchmade or Spyderco folder and "stop the bleed" kits. Preferred holster is "Bravo Concealment".
Hey stranger, good to see your name on a forum again!

And keeping this on topic, I think I want to go with a 365XL. This one in particular. Then top it with an RDS of some kind. Time to get into the 21st century. :lol:

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/sig-sa ... 9mm-pistol
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

SQLGeek wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:39 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:08 pm Depending on weather and any expectations for how one should dress, I carry any of three Glocks (43, 26, 48) or a Springfield EMP, all in 9mm, with anywhere from 1 to 3 extra mags. Prefer to carry strong side hip OWB but have been known to carry off body and include flashlight, Benchmade or Spyderco folder and "stop the bleed" kits. Preferred holster is "Bravo Concealment".
Hey stranger, good to see your name on a forum again!

And keeping this on topic, I think I want to go with a 365XL. This one in particular. Then top it with an RDS of some kind. Time to get into the 21st century. :lol:

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/sig-sa ... 9mm-pistol
Thanks for kind words! I seem to recall that Strogg had posted a well thought out case that provided the pros and cons of a RDS on an EDC.

I run both, I find that I am measurably more accurate with the RDS vs. iron sights, especially as distances increase outside of typical self defense range, however it takes me longer to acquire the dot initially, likely due to the fact that my draw stroke is not consistent enough. I also find that different guns, with different RDS types, all perform somewhat differently for me as well. For example, I can acquire the dot faster on a G34 with a Trijicon than I can on my Springfield Xdm with a Vortex. Not sure why, might be the profile / height of the RDS. The RDS is also advantageous in low light conditions in my judgement. YMMV.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
SQLGeek

I think your thoughts echo mine. I know I will need to practice with it enough before I feel proficient enough to carry it. We will see what I end up deciding.