How to prevent suicide with a firearm? (World Series ad)

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
FrogFan
Has liked: 29 times
Liked: 14 times

I've been watching the World Series and have noticed a "gun safety" ad has played several times. In the ad, a guy becomes suicidal. His wife talks him out of committing suicide with his firearm and the voice-over urges us to keep our firearms locked in a safe, unloaded, and away from any ammo. Presumably, this would make it hard for a suicidal individual to shoot himself or herself in a sudden fit of depression.

At first, I thought the ad was a legitimate effort to tout gun safety, which everyone supports, I suspect. On further thought, I wondered how useful a firearm would be locked in a safe, unloaded, and away from ammo when someone was trying to break into my house.

All my firearms locked in a gun safe. A couple of them are loaded in case bad stuff happens.

I was wondering to myself if anyone else saw this ad and had any reaction to it.
KBCraig
Has liked: 165 times
Liked: 106 times

You also have to wonder how a gun owner owner keeping his own gun locked up protects him from himself.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
JohnD
Has liked: 2 times
Liked: 3 times

Ponder the following, grasshoppers..

- if it's your gun, your safe, and your ammo and you really want to proceed, locked up and separate is only going to delay you a few minutes

- if God and gov't grant/recognize your inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; philosophically speaking, wouldn't that also mean you have the inalienable right to quit life whenever you see fit?

So yes, the tv ad is non sequitur liberal feel good bs.....
FrogFan
Has liked: 29 times
Liked: 14 times

JohnD wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:11 pm Ponder the following, grasshoppers..

- if it's your gun, your safe, and your ammo and you really want to proceed, locked up and separate is only going to delay you a few minutes

- if God and gov't grant/recognize your inalienable right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness; philosophically speaking, wouldn't that also mean you have the inalienable right to quit life whenever you see fit?

I guess we can hope the libs who produced the ad spent (and wasted) a lot of money on it.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 213 times

JohnD wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 2:11 pm Ponder the following, grasshoppers..

Well, the government of Canada certainly sees no problem with assisting their citizens with suicide....of course as long as that citizen doesn't use a firearm to do so.
rotor
Has liked: 10 times
Liked: 21 times

I know of a person that consumed a bottle of Weed b Gone lawn weed killer in a suicide attempt. He was in the hospital for months, finally got out and did it a second time. I haven't seen any commercials for lawn weed killer violence protection. Those that want to end things have an abundance of methods available. The logical thing would be a non-painful method but are these people logical? Those with terminal illness and severe pain probably are but there are just a lot of crazies out there too.