Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Rather interesting :think:

Here were my results, I think I might be "OK":
Based upon your answers, we calculate that you will need
7540 rounds of rifle ammunition and
6308 rounds of handgun ammo.
You identified as a regular shooter, so we calculated that you might be shooting around 200 rounds per month in both handgun and rifle ammo, resulting in 2400 rounds of each per year.
You are wise to be prepping for a extended collapse. How long "extended" lasts is anyone's guess, however. As a general guide, we figured an average of 100 rounds per month would be fired for a variety of purposes and then doubled it, figuring 2 years would be more than enough to get you through a prolonged collapse.
We added another 1000 rounds to rifle for good measure. We also added another 52 handgun rounds that should be higher-end defensive rounds. This is on the assumption you would have 3 magazines of 17 rounds plus 1 in the chamber. Cycle these into your practice inventory annually so you always have newer defensive rounds.
Being a smart prepper, you know how valuable your ammo will be after a collapse, whether it's an EMP or a zombie plague, ammo will be the currency of choice, used to trade for anything from food to medical care. We added 10% to your total for bartering.
You also wanted extra reserves, because you know that the ammo supply goes through varying degrees of availability. Stocking up and storing it right means you can ride these cycles out. We added another 20% to your total for this very reason.

Would be interested to see what results others get. Please post!!!!

https://www.shtfblog.com/ammo-calculato ... -you-need/
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

It's interesting, although it failed to address shotgun ammunition. It also doesn't differentiate among different types of handgun and rifle and crossover ammo. Regardless... Um... I'll be honest. I don't know how much ammo I have. But based on my preliminary estimates, I should be just --- oh wait, what ammo? I lost it all in a boating accident. Can any one spare some dime bags of 9 or 5.56? 😜

5700 rounds of rifle ammunition and
4278 rounds of handgun ammo.
Your result is significantly lower because you are an infrequent shooter. We calculated 800 rounds of handgun and 400 rounds of rifle ammunition being shot each calendar year. This will save you money, but result in less than optimal proficiency.
You are wise to be prepping for a extended collapse. How long "extended" lasts is anyone's guess, however. As a general guide, we figured an average of 100 rounds per month would be fired for a variety of purposes and then doubled it, figuring 2 years would be more than enough to get you through a prolonged collapse.
We added another 1000 rounds to rifle for good measure. We also added another 52 handgun rounds that should be higher-end defensive rounds. This is on the assumption you would have 3 magazines of 17 rounds plus 1 in the chamber. Cycle these into your practice inventory annually so you always have newer defensive rounds.
Being a smart prepper, you know how valuable your ammo will be after a collapse, whether it's an EMP or a zombie plague, ammo will be the currency of choice, used to trade for anything from food to medical care. We added 10% to your total for bartering.
You also wanted extra reserves, because you know that the ammo supply goes through varying degrees of availability. Stocking up and storing it right means you can ride these cycles out. We added another 40% to your total for this very reason.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

None…I turned all my firearms in to be destroyed. :shhh:
Last edited by bblhd672 on Thu May 20, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

How much ammo do I need? I believe the answer is always "a little bit more".
Bitter Clinger

bblhd672 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:48 am None…I turned all my firearms in to be destroyed. :shhh:
So, humor us and run the numbers :animals-chickencatch:
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
Bitter Clinger

Flightmare wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:10 am How much ammo do I need? I believe the answer is always "a little bit more".
HOW MUCH more? Inquiring minds want to know :liar:
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:51 am
bblhd672 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:48 am None…I turned all my firearms in to be destroyed. :shhh:
So, humor us and run the numbers :animals-chickencatch:
IF I had the need for buying ammo:
14568 rounds of rifle ammunition and
9078 rounds of handgun ammo.

IF I had the need and could afford it I would double or triple those numbers….along with the supplies needed to reload the same numbers.
:mrgreen:
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

It only takes one round to get some more in a SHTF scenario.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Bitter Clinger

KBCraig wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:08 pm It only takes one round to get some more in a SHTF scenario.
:violence-instagib: :lol:
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

12768 rounds of rifle ammunition and
7278 rounds of handgun ammo.

I'm good on handgun ammo, Need to increase my rifle ammo by about 2k rounds.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble: