New Training Facility in Cumby coming on-line

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

A soft opening will take place this weekend :violence-pistoldouble:

https://ntxguntraining.com/
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

That place looks neat. Did you make it out there?
Bitter Clinger

strogg wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:17 pm That place looks neat. Did you make it out there?
Today's class was cancelled due to weather. But I have been out there to see the dirt being moved, berms created and bays leveled. There is a very large 180 degree tactical bay, several pistol bays and a 500 yard max medium distance lane.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

Looks like a nice place, but it’s 100 miles from my house (well…..actually only 99 miles, but still…), so I’m not likely to check it out unless I’m already in the area for other reasons. Maybe some day.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
Bitter Clinger

Latest monsoon season update rec'd today:

Handgun Level II Saturday 6/5/21 in McKinney

Handgun Level III Sunday 6/13/21 In Cumby (NTGT)

Phil Ryan
txconcealedcarry.com
214-893-4116
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:46 pm Looks like a nice place, but it’s 100 miles from my house (well…..actually only 99 miles, but still…), so I’m not likely to check it out unless I’m already in the area for other reasons. Maybe some day.
200~ish miles round trip? Heck, I've driven Texarkana to Dallas for a lunch date and been back in time for my 4-12 shift.

Do you even Texas, TAM? :lol:
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
The Annoyed Man

KBCraig wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 7:10 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:46 pm Looks like a nice place, but it’s 100 miles from my house (well…..actually only 99 miles, but still…), so I’m not likely to check it out unless I’m already in the area for other reasons. Maybe some day.
200~ish miles round trip? Heck, I've driven Texarkana to Dallas for a lunch date and been back in time for my 4-12 shift.

I’m too old to give a rip about driving 200 miles to shoot, when I can do it by driving 40 miles round trip. Call me lazy I guess. :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

Bitter Clinger

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:08 pm

I’m too old to give a rip about driving 200 miles to shoot, when I can do it by driving 40 miles round trip. Call me lazy I guess. :lol:
So it's actually approx. 120 miles round trip from Dallas (on average). The ability to practice draw from holster, multiple target engagement, moving and shooting, cover and concealment, bound and overwatch, low light, shoot steel and pistol / carbine, shotgun etc., in a relaxed yet safe and professionally supervised environment, where you aren't expected to have to be running around like a 20 year old, is pretty darn fabulous! And currently no membership requirement.
The Annoyed Man

Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:54 pm

So it's actually approx. 120 miles round trip from Dallas (on average). The ability to practice draw from holster, multiple target engagement, moving and shooting, cover and concealment, bound and overwatch, low light, shoot steel and pistol / carbine, shotgun etc., in a relaxed yet safe and professionally supervised environment, where you aren't expected to have to be running around like a 20 year old, is pretty darn fabulous! And currently no membership requirement.
For me, from where I live in NRH, it’s 199 miles RT. Please understand…..I’m not knocking the place. I’m sure it’s fabulous, and I’m happy that people who either live closer, or don’t mind the drive, have a great place to go shoot. But I have trouble getting motivated to go to ETTS anymore, and it’s only an hour each way for me.

Bitter Clinger

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 7:36 am
Bitter Clinger wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:54 pm
For me, from where I live in NRH, it’s 199 miles RT. Please understand…..I’m not knocking the place. I’m sure it’s fabulous, and I’m happy that people who either live closer, or don’t mind the drive, have a great place to go shoot. But I have trouble getting motivated to go to ETTS anymore, and it’s only an hour each way for me.
I find it helps to have a buddy to go train with, or even better, a group who know each other, know that they are all proficient and safe. Would love to have more DFW members of this forum engaged!