Glock 43 magazines packaged incorrectly

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
Mike s
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 6 times

Just a friendly heads up to double check any Glock 43 magazines you may have recently purchased.

I had a student this past weekend (4/10/2021) discover that the two spare Glock 43 magazines ordered online from Academy were mis-packaged, apparently from the factory. He didn't notice when they arrived that they both were actually Glock 42 magazines (basically same gun, but .380 vs 9mm). The Glock 42 magazines are slightly smaller (front to back), & while they would accept 9mm rounds the magazine catch wouldn't reliability lock in place without some finesse. It was the ".380" stamped on the back of the magazines that made apparent what the 'hitch in the giddy up' was.

He double checked, & the packaging for both were for the Glock 43, but with Glock 42 mags inside.

Just FYI.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Mike s wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:33 pm Just a friendly heads up to double check any Glock 43 magazines you may have recently purchased.

I had a student this past weekend (4/10/2021) discover that the two spare Glock 43 magazines ordered online from Academy were mis-packaged, apparently from the factory. He didn't notice when they arrived that they both were actually Glock 42 magazines (basically same gun, but .380 vs 9mm). The Glock 42 magazines are slightly smaller (front to back), & while they would accept 9mm rounds the magazine catch wouldn't reliability lock in place without some finesse. It was the ".380" stamped on the back of the magazines that made apparent what the 'hitch in the giddy up' was.

He double checked, & the packaging for both were for the Glock 43, but with Glock 42 mags inside.

Just FYI.
I have mistakenly loaded 380 instead of 9 mm in my glock 19 and they fired but would not eject. Made me think something was wrong with the gun for five or six rounds. I did not know one could load 9mm into a 380 magazine. Thanks for the heads up.
John
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 21 times

A tale my brother told me some years ago:

When he was stationed at Key West, he oversaw the base shooting range. They had some arrangement with local law enforcement to do qualifications on the Navy range. One officer came in for his annual qualification with his 9mm and a .380 BUG, just as he had done the previous year. His 9mm fired the first round, but failed to eject the spent casing. Diagnostics ensued, and it was determined that he had loaded .380 rounds into his 9mm duty weapon at his qualification the previous year...and had walked around that way for an entire year.
NRA Life Member
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

John wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:45 am A tale my brother told me some years ago:

When he was stationed at Key West, he oversaw the base shooting range. They had some arrangement with local law enforcement to do qualifications on the Navy range. One officer came in for his annual qualification with his 9mm and a .380 BUG, just as he had done the previous year. His 9mm fired the first round, but failed to eject the spent casing. Diagnostics ensued, and it was determined that he had loaded .380 rounds into his 9mm duty weapon at his qualification the previous year...and had walked around that way for an entire year.
That's why I laugh at people who claim that police are so well trained with guns. While there are those are diligent, and get as much training and shooting as possible, most are like the officer you mentioned. They only shoot when required, to maintain their license. When I was a LEO, we only had to qualify twice a year. For the majority of the officers, that was the only shooting they did.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Jusme wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:30 pm
John wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:45 am A tale my brother told me some years ago:

That's why I laugh at people who claim that police are so well trained with guns. While there are those are diligent, and get as much training and shooting as possible, most are like the officer you mentioned. They only shoot when required, to maintain their license. When I was a LEO, we only had to qualify twice a year. For the majority of the officers, that was the only shooting they did.
I believe you completely and it is a very scary thing to think about.
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

We’re these Glock factory mags, or some aftermarket manufacturer?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
Mike s
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 6 times

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:08 pm We’re these Glock factory mags, or some aftermarket manufacturer?
They were both Glock factory mags.
The Annoyed Man

Mike s wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:30 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:08 pm We’re these Glock factory mags, or some aftermarket manufacturer?
They were both Glock factory mags.
:shock:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

Lesson learned: don't buy Glock. ;)
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
The Annoyed Man

KBCraig wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:10 pm Lesson learned: don't buy Glock. ;)
Yeah, this could never happen with any other manufacturer. :roll: