Anyone else buying guns, or ammo with stimulus check?

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 30 times
Liked: 117 times

I bought an assembled pistol lower with pistol length receiver extension and spring/buffer which I bought as a middle finger to DiFi on the day she filed her new AWB. And then last night, I bought:

1. a carbine length BCM buffer tube, and a BCM H2 buffer.
2. a 16” Ballistic Advantage Performance Series 5.56 Hanson Mid-Length Barrel with Pinned Gas Block.
3. a 15” black Strike Industries Gridlok Complete Handguard.

The upper parts will be used with an Aero upper receiver that is currently barreled with a SOLGW barrel that has given me nothing but trouble. (Their QC sucks.) The Gridlock handguard will be replacing an inexpensive MOE handguard. I’ll be using a MFT Battlelink Minimalist stock I've had laying around, and I’ll be topping it with a 4x32 ACOG that I had already mounted on the Aero upper. Then the lower I had been using can go back to use in my 18” DMR.

I’ve been told that SOLGW's QC and customer service is first rate. That has not been my experience with this barrel—which came with an F-stamped A2 front sight block already installed, minus either a sight post or its detente. When I attempted to use a spare sight post and detente I had in a parts box, I couldn’t get the detente to go in its hole. The hole was too small. SOLGW was more or less incommunicado and won’t take CS phone calls. I returned the barrel to Primary Arms where I’d bought it, and they sent me a replacement. The replacement barrel turns out to have palpable burrs on the M4-style feed ramps, and the gun would jam on about every 2nd or 3rd round .... and this was with 3 different loads in 2 types of magazines. I won’t be trusting SOLGW to fix it. They’re incompetent. My former-gunsmith and machinist son is going to clean up the feed ramps for me, and I’ll try that barrel on some other build.....or maybe I’ll just sell it.

But I couldn’t in good conscience recommend SOLGW to anyone who asked me.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Thanks for the heads up. I am shopping around for a couple of complete uppers. I haven't heard of Sons of Liberty, but they will not be on my list of potential purchases.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Crap! I have not received mine yet. The last two were mailed to me. I am assuming this one will be as well. Did any of you get an actual check or debit card for the stimmy?
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:44 pm Crap! I have not received mine yet. The last two were mailed to me. I am assuming this one will be as well. Did any of you get an actual check or debit card for the stimmy?
Mine was direct deposited.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 4:44 pm Crap! I have not received mine yet. The last two were mailed to me. I am assuming this one will be as well. Did any of you get an actual check or debit card for the stimmy?
Why didn't you say something? I would have been happy to send you a check rather than pay taxes to the government. Next time call me! :icon-lol:
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

I'm weird...I had asked multiple elected officials how to decline the stimulus check. Everyone either looked at me like I had 2 heads, or just didn't respond to my query. The first one was direct deposited, which I forwarded on to an organization that could help folks that could use it.

The second was mailed to me as a paper check. I'm still unsure why they decided to mail a paper check when the first one was deposited to the account directly. However, this actually gave me the option to do what I wanted....I am able to "decline" by not depositing the check. It has sat on a table at my house since it arrived. I have no plans to do anything with it.
03Lightningrocks

Bitter Clinger wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:06 pm
Why didn't you say something? I would have been happy to send you a check rather than pay taxes to the government. Next time call me! :icon-lol:
Being self employed, my income can Vary. Damned if it didn't stay just below the threshold. What a coincidence. Lucky me! :mrgreen: I figure the least they can do is send me 1400 of the 16,000 they just added to my tax debt with their deficit spending bill.
The Annoyed Man

Direct deposited.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

The Annoyed Man

Flightmare wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 7:36 pm I'm weird...I had asked multiple elected officials how to decline the stimulus check. Everyone either looked at me like I had 2 heads, or just didn't respond to my query. The first one was direct deposited, which I forwarded on to an organization that could help folks that could use it.

The second was mailed to me as a paper check. I'm still unsure why they decided to mail a paper check when the first one was deposited to the account directly. However, this actually gave me the option to do what I wanted....I am able to "decline" by not depositing the check. It has sat on a table at my house since it arrived. I have no plans to do anything with it.
Previously, we received paper checks. This time it was direct deposited. I have no idea why it changed.

03Lightningrocks

My daughter received hers in mail yesterday. Maybe I will be next. When she texted me it arrived, I texted back, "And just think, it only cost you 16,000 dollars to get that check".

I did the math on what a professional "baby momma" with five kids from six different men would make. WOW! And she pays no taxes, collects welfare and food stamps every month. And lives rent free in a section eight apartment, while she calls her friends on her Obama phone to brag about the free money she just got. Who says we aren't paying reparation's?