Anyone else buying guns, or ammo with stimulus check?

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Mrs. Jusme and I received our stimulus checks, over the weekend. Since she is retired, and I haven't missed any work, we have donated, a large portion of previous checks to charity. We did the same this time, donating half to our church's food distribution ministry. But with the rest of it I bought Mrs Jusme her first AR. It cost more than I wanted to pay, but that's the nature of the beast right now. I also got a few boxes of FMJ ammo for her to practice with.

Just curious if anyone else is buying guns and ammo?
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

I got my stimulus check and promptly used it to pay for my family (well, about half anyway) to go to a family reunion in Philly this June. Airline tickets, hotel rooms, and rental cars, are all paid for in advance now. I had promised to go to Philly to visit my brothers and sister once every ten years, whether I needed to or not and the ten years was almost up.

My wife thinks I have enough guns, ammo, and model trains right now and doesn't understand that there is no such thing as enough of any of them. This was a good compromise.
Steve Rothstein
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

The misses may get a 9mm for the house. I keep trying to convince her to carry one but she likes her little .380 because it is small.

Hopefully I will use mine to run electricity, lights, water, and air in my shop. If I have some left over, I might go ahead and buy a barrel, reamer, and some tooling for the first rifle I will attempt to not screw up.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

Nope. While I wish I could have used all 3 checks to buy gun-stuff, the previous 2 went into a big sewer-repair bill and this 1 went into buying pool-repair concrete/plaster.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Jusme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:42 am Mrs. Jusme and I received our stimulus checks, over the weekend. Since she is retired, and I haven't missed any work, we have donated, a large portion of previous checks to charity. We did the same this time, donating half to our church's food distribution ministry. But with the rest of it I bought Mrs Jusme her first AR. It cost more than I wanted to pay, but that's the nature of the beast right now. I also got a few boxes of FMJ ammo for her to practice with.

Well, if you have any cash remaining, investing in training is always money well spent! :violence-snipersmiley:
https://txconcealedcarry.com/event/level-i-carbine/
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
Jusme

Bitter Clinger wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 9:26 am
Jusme wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:42 am Mrs. Jusme and I received our stimulus checks, over the weekend. Since she is retired, and I haven't missed any work, we have donated, a large portion of previous checks to charity. We did the same this time, donating half to our church's food distribution ministry. But with the rest of it I bought Mrs Jusme her first AR. It cost more than I wanted to pay, but that's the nature of the beast right now. I also got a few boxes of FMJ ammo for her to practice with.

Well, if you have any cash remaining, investing in training is always money well spent! :violence-snipersmiley:
https://txconcealedcarry.com/event/level-i-carbine/

Yeah that's the next step. But it will probably be a few weeks away.

John
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 21 times

I wanted to invest in another gun, but it would have just ended up at the bottom of some lake.
NRA Life Member
Jusme

John wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:58 am I wanted to invest in another gun, but it would have just ended up at the bottom of some lake.
Yeah I did tell my wife, that hers may be lost in a boating accident, because they are prone to those. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

powerboatr
Has liked: 149 times
Liked: 63 times

nope we dont own any firearms :dance:
we have hand eye coordination improving devices

but wife got a new therapy item yesterday, :mrgreen:
Retired Navy (1983-2004), Native Texan living in the piney woods
rotor
Has liked: 10 times
Liked: 21 times

I need "my money" to make my next quarterly tax payment. The government already transfers my money to "charity". I don't feel the need to transfer any more of it. Have plenty of guns and ammo now.
Most of the people receiving that government "charity" are probably the same people voting in the Biden crowd. Hate to be a Grinch. Oh, he is banned isn't he?