SBR, NFA and Trusts

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
The Annoyed Man
Has liked: 29 times
Liked: 117 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:01 pm
rotor wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 5:36 pm For those that know, and I don't, how does one carry a SBR in Texas? It is not a handgun so technically it is a rifle, correct? Can it be carried concealed, open and loaded like any long-gun, on your gun rack in a pickup? What signs would prohibit entry, a gun buster saying no firearms? A no firearms with the pistol crossed out would apply to handguns? Does 51% sign have any effect? Is there any difference in carry laws for a SBR vs something like a full size AR? May sound like a dumb question but knowledgeable people are here. I am not SBR knowledgeable.
It's a long gun, just not as long 😇. But you will need to carry a copy (never the original!) of the tax stamp from the ATF, just in case you are ever stopped / questioned.
And if you suppress it, which many of us do (SBRs are LOUD), you’ll also need to have a copy of the suppressor stamp with you too.

I've had someone tell me that they just keep a photo of their tax stamp on their phone, but that would also mean surrendering control over your phone to a federal official who ISN'T questioning you because he wants to play patticakes with you. DON'T. DO. IT. Use a photocopy of the form. I had mine reduced in size to 5.5”x8.5” and laminated. It’s still legible, and is more portable that way, while being protected from scuffing, etc.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times
Liked: 211 times

Does ATF require their fingerprint cards to be used or will a fingerprint card produced by local LEO be accepted?