New toy enroute

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
C-dub
Has liked: 17 times
Liked: 10 times

That thing is such a beast even the camera blinked.

As far as a holster, my vote goes for a brown leather version of Han Solo's rig to match the grips. I'm not sure how one would draw that from a shoulder holster that would have be to be vertical.
I am not and have never been an LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Sergeant Mike Smith, who was murdered along with 4 other LEO's on 7.7.2016.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member
Si vis pacem, para bellum
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

I called AM and spoke with Rob, and then Chris (production manager, I think). They made the points that yes, 1) the lockup is tight (for accuracy and longevity) and 2) springs are heavy (again longevity).

Chris taught me an interesting technique where one places one's thumb through the trigger-guard and uses that to push the muzzle down onto a wood surface, then retract the bolt with the other hand. That can be done until the pistol has been broken-in through shooting, working the action, etc. They are working on a cocking-aid but that the manual method should be easy enough to do.

I also mentioned a stiff thumb-safety and Rob said to pull the hammer back all the way and put the safety on (which works) - Chris said the thumb-safety won't break, it's just tight by design and to put on gloves and work it up and down while leaving the hammer in its normal cocked position.

As for a holster - I'm not sure a shoulder holster would even fit; the muzzle is literally at my hip's ball-joint while the hammer is in my armpit.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Maybe put wheels on it and tow it?🤔
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
AndyC

Not too far-fetched - I had to take it to the range in my backpack and I felt a little ridiculous...
AndyC

I don't want to bore anyone with my new toy, but I went back to shoot and got someone to video me:

Pawpaw
Has liked: 52 times
Liked: 29 times

Man, that thing looks like a handful!
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Good lord almighty! That thing packs a wallop! I'm sorry but I started laughing after your first couple shots. WOW!
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

I like it! Who needs to double tap anyway! One and done!
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:50 pm I like it! Who needs to double tap anyway! One and done!
I was going to ask why no double tap, hahahaha.

That looks fun to shoot. Andy, did you double up on plugs? I couldn't imagine that indoors.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
AndyC

No plugs, just electronic muffs.

I need to work out a better grip - my left thumb was interfering with my trigger finger, so it looks like a weird hold. I was going for accuracy and wasn't using a death-grip, so the recoil is a bit more dramatic than it should be. One thing that doesn't come through on the video is the concussion this thing puts out - that's why the guy was laughing.

It's a really fun gun to shoot and it's amazingly accurate.