.41 Magnum

1911 vs Glock. The answer is obvious...
SQLGeek
Has liked: 26 times
Liked: 15 times

After talking with a couple of folks on the Reloading Discord server, I am convinced that I need a .41 Magnum in my life.

I have a pair of .357s, namely a 27-2 and a 28-2. I like Smith and Wessons. I love pinned and recessed Smith and Wessons.
Smiths.jpg
A pinned and recessed Model 57 would be sublime. But they were already expensive. Now a days....I don't want to price it out for fear of stroking out over the price.

I have 2K WLP primers to load .45 ACP but I'm not using them. I have one pistol in the chambering and I don't enjoy shooting it much at all.

I have a pound of 2400, BE-86 and HP-38 so I'm pretty sure I could work up a load. I would need brass and bullets.

So I put it to you, my fellow enablers. What do I do? Do I even bother looking for a .41 Magnum right now and if so, do I go for a Model 57 or do I go for a Ruger Blackhawk?

Is the prospect of even trying to find brass and bullets right now worth the headache?

Do I resort to a wrist rocket and ball bearings for my target practice?

This is a bit of a stream of consciousness thread but let's have fun with it. Share your favorite .41 magnum guns. Pet loads, preferred bullets, etc.

Edited to Add: I'm making this post a Texas3006 forum exclusive to encourage more activity here.
You must LOGIN to view the files attached to this post.
<This space intentionally left blank.>
SQLGeek
Has liked: 26 times
Liked: 15 times

Well I tried.
<This space intentionally left blank.>
jason812
Liked: 2 times

I have always found a .41 mag intriguing. I had a Vaquero in .44 mag with a 4-1/2" barrel. It was a handful and I got rid of it with the intentions of getting a Super Redhawk. I'm still waiting to find a deal on a Super Redhawk in .44 mag. I really wish they made one with a 5" barrel like my dad's .454 or maybe one day I will just settle for a Redhawk with a 5" barrel.

I would go with the 57 over the Blackhawk but that's just me.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy it is necessary to act outside the law-to pursue...natural justice.
Jusme
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 48 times

SQLGeek wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:53 amWell I tried.
Evidently not a lot of 41 magnum folks here.

I fired one, years ago, back in my twenties. I know it was a S&W, but I don't know the model #. If I remember correctly I was told it belonged to a former police officer as a duty gun. I don't remember much about shooting it, other than it was loud. (too stupid, at that age to think I needed ear plugs :roll: )
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 64 times
Liked: 24 times

SQLGeek wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:53 amWell I tried.
Sorry, not a revolver guy. But I really do enjoy my G20 SF (10mm)!
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
Jusme

Did a quick Google-fu search for any S&W in 41 mag. I'll post the link to one site, but I take no responsibility, if the OP, suffers, a stroke, heart attack, or any other ill effects. :shock:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... _p1_o6.cfm

Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 64 times
Liked: 24 times

Jusme wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:39 am Did a quick Google-fu search for any S&W in 41 mag. I'll post the link to one site, but I take no responsibility, if the OP, suffers, a stroke, heart attack, or any other ill effects. :shock:

https://www.gunsinternational.com/guns- ... _p1_o6.cfm
Dang. I worked at S&W one summer, decades ago, when all the revolvers were still pinned and recessed. I had no idea what I was even looking at at the time🤔
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
AndyC
Has liked: 16 times
Liked: 14 times

SQLGeek wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:20 pm What do I do? Do I even bother looking for a..
Yes 8-) :D
Jusme

AndyC wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:50 pm
SQLGeek wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:20 pm What do I do? Do I even bother looking for a..
Yes 8-) :D
You just love seeing other people spend money don’t you?!!!
:lol: :lol:

AndyC
Has liked: 16 times
Liked: 14 times

Jusme wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:05 pm You just love seeing other people spend money don’t you?!!!
:lol: :lol:

I like seeing people get nice toys :dance: