Lots of new 30.06 & 30.07?

Carry related chit-chat
Forrest47

Is it just me or has anyone else notices that we are having an inordinate amount of 30.06 & 30.07 signage notices sent to us by Texas3006? If a sign at an establishment is reported to Texas3006, is the report investigated for a duplicate report? If the answer is yes, does it seem as if establishments are posting signs at a record rate?

I do appreciate Texas3006 consolidating notices into one email!

Thanks from a proud Texan, Vietnam Vet, and 2nd Amendment supporter,
Forrest47
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

I think some of the others can clarify/confirm, but I suspect that the notification is once per address. Some locations may be posting new signs. Others may have had the signs up for awhile and are only now being found and entered into Texas3006.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

I was at the UPS customer center at their McKinney shipping facility dropping off an ammo shipment. From out in my truck I saw a couple legal signs forbidding carry inside. I was not close enough to read them and failed to look at them closer when I went in with my ammo. I did pull my hand gun out of my holster and stick it between the seats. I didn't know if they had metal detectors or not. I have another shipment I have to go up ther to drop off and will take pictures of them this time. I let my CHL expire and carry under constitutional carry. Just a personal issue with asking the government for permission to exercise my rights. Why do it when I don't have to. I will post the pics up after I get them later this week.
Forrest47

Thanks. I was just wondering if this is a surge in the state of Texas or just a lot of new reporting to older signage. I have had an CHL/LTC for years (too late to cancel or not renew as the feds already know about me) and carry every day so I just want to be sure. I am puzzled as to why someone would post a 30.06 and not a 30.07? They don't want you to carry concealed but don't care if you carry open??? Ignorance is not an excuse!!!
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

Forrest47 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:18 am Thanks. I was just wondering if this is a surge in the state of Texas or just a lot of new reporting to older signage. I have had an CHL/LTC for years (too late to cancel or not renew as the feds already know about me) and carry every day so I just want to be sure. I am puzzled as to why someone would post a 30.06 and not a 30.07? They don't want you to carry concealed but don't care if you carry open??? Ignorance is not an excuse!!!
Some businesses believe that posting 30.06 is sufficient. Both are required in order to provide effective notice under the penal code for both open and concealed. However, in practice posting ONLY 30.06 likely has their desired effect. Many licensed carriers will simply either avoid carrying at the location, or do like I do and just go somewhere else.

Disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer
Forrest47

Thanks to all. I am not looking for a hill to die on, just a concerned CHL/LTC holder that doesn't want to ignore too much and wake up to find our Constitutional right to own a means to take care of myself or my family and the right to do so.