Sign clarification 30.05

Carry related chit-chat
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

The word choice of "MAY" here is the big difference between 30.05 and 06/07.

It's not a conspiracy theory, and the TLS lawyers are not trying to sell you something or scare you. Grammar is important, and the reality is right now practically anything counts as notice for a 30.05 sign.

Push your rep for changes at the next legislative session!
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

Russell wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:37 am The word choice of "MAY" here is the big difference between 30.05 and 06/07.

It's not a conspiracy theory, and the TLS lawyers are not trying to sell you something or scare you. Grammar is important, and the reality is right now practically anything counts as notice for a 30.05 sign.

Push your rep for changes at the next legislative session!
I didn't say it was a conspiracy theory. I said they're in the business of convincing you that you really to buy their services. Like all insurance plans, they emphasize the scary stuff.

I have no doubt that the Legislature has screwed things up. Every change since 30.06 clarified signage (1997), they've seemed to make things more confusing and uncertain.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
rotor
Has liked: 10 times
Liked: 21 times

KBCraig wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 10:39 pm
rotor wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:17 pm Unfortunately when I contacted Texas Lawshield attorneys they said that a gunbuster sign would be sufficient and that using the exact 30.05 language was not needed.
You asked a group that depends on you being scared into buying their services, and they gave you an answer intended to scare you into buying their services.

That's like asking the "service writer" at your factory auto dealer if you need a transmission and coolant flush and nitrogen in your tires.
I asked for a legal opinion and I got an answer that I believe is correct. They were quite responsive to my question and personally called me to go over the questions I asked. I was very impressed with their response and this was not the first time I have used them. If you have your own legal experts good for you. Try calling your lawyer and asking him to interpret the requirements for 30.05 signage.