Much Ado about nothing: Constitutional Carry

Carry related chit-chat
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 223 times
Liked: 148 times

Well after much fear mongering, pearl clutching, hand wringing and general hysterical over-reaction by leftists and some of our elitists in law enforcement, we have yet another big ol' nothing burger:

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/10/politi ... ed-texans/
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
bblhd672
Has liked: 207 times
Liked: 142 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:48 am Well after much fear mongering, pearl clutching, hand wringing and general hysterical over-reaction by leftists and some of our elitists in law enforcement, we have yet another big ol' nothing burger:

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/10/politi ... ed-texans/
Well....we certainly didn't see them being wrong again coming.... :D
I am bitter clinging, irredeemable, deplorable, an enemy of the state and a Neanderthal, according to the left.
KBCraig
Has liked: 84 times
Liked: 52 times

In every state that has lifted restrictions on carrying guns, the response has always been, "This isn't Texas!"

Well, no, and thank goodness. Pretty much every "not Texas" has better gun laws than Texas.

Even "Texas" has never been the mythical Texas, as shown by the comments in that article from Texas elected officials and police officers. They fear a lawless wild west version of Texas that never existed, at least not since 1876.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
strogg
Has liked: 24 times
Liked: 110 times

Texas is seen as a state with very loose gun laws. Although it is looser than the majority of states, I wouldn't even put it in the top 15 states. Yes, even with permitless carry. Consider that 20 other states had it already before Texas did.

But on the original topic, I'm not entirely entirely sure that's actual news. It's like saying "BREAKING NEWS: Water is Wet, One Plus One Is Two, and LIberals Are Wrong Again... All coming up on the 6 o'clock news!"
Jusme
Has liked: 66 times
Liked: 167 times

Every time, Texas, has "loosened" their gun laws, ( I detest that term, since, no "law" ever unrestricted anything, they only restrict) The gun grabbers predict doom and gloom.
When CHL was approved, there was going to be shoot outs, blood in the streets, and police would not be able to differentiate between good guys and bad guys.
When OC was approved, the gun grabbers predicted women and children fleeing in fear at the sight of a hog leg on someone's hip, shoot outs at high noon, LTC holders becoming easy "targets" for bad guys, and police being unable to differentiate between good guys and bad guys.
When Campus Carry was approved, gun grabbers predicted, drunken frat parties would become killing fields, professors would be shot for discussing controversial subjects or giving bad grades, shoot outs in the quad, police not being able to differentiate between good guys and bad guys.
Now we have "permitless" carry. The gun grabbers predicted: (see any of the above) But they have to get it right sometime don't they? :lol: :lol:
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble: