What does not valid 30.06 on map entries mean to LTC holders?

Carry related chit-chat
stinkysocks

Hello everyone, I just recently obtained my LTC and have been finding the map of 30.06 entries very useful. But I'm also seeing that several of the entries say their 30.06 signage is not valid, so what does that actually mean to an LTC holder? Are we legally permitted to carry concealed within those premises?
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

stinkysocks wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:31 am Hello everyone, I just recently obtained my LTC and have been finding the map of 30.06 entries very useful. But I'm also seeing that several of the entries say their 30.06 signage is not valid, so what does that actually mean to an LTC holder? Are we legally permitted to carry concealed within those premises?
The not valid designation could be several things. Not being posted at the proper location, lettering not being proper size, not being posted in both English and Spanish, or the wording is not compliant.
Whether or not to carry past such signage will be your decision. If caught, you may use the defense that the signage is not valid, but your fate may rest with a judge, who is not sympathetic, to LTC holders.
My personal policy, is that even if the signage is invalid, I know the intent of the property owner. I can choose to comply, or take my business elsewhere. YMMV
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
stinkysocks

Thanks for the response. How does one get caught for carrying concealed if its truly concealed?
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

I think you just answered your own question.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
JohnD
Has liked: 2 times
Liked: 3 times

'Invalid' means somebody didn't do their homework and the signage does not meet the requirements listed in the 30.06 statute. The reality of it is, I don't want to give them my money/business, status of the sign is irrelevant. I will go get that service or product from someone who doesn't post signs, or who only posts 30.07.
How does one get caught if carrying concealed? If one encounters a situation where one actually has to use it. Then the 30.0x becomes an add-on charge that your legal rep will have to refute.