Unique Work Carry Situation?

Carry related chit-chat
mmoyse
Has liked: 2 times

Here's something to chew on: a family member's employer, a non-profit, controls the master lease on a city-owned property. 30.05, 30.06, 30.07 signs are posted at all public entries. However, no signage is posted at the employee entrance. It is safe to assume the location is a non-permissive environment. Perhaps only an attorney can fully answer this question, but would it be legal for him to cc there as an employee?
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

I haven't kept up with Texas law in the last few years, but unless something has changed, those signs are invalid on property owned or leased by a government entity.

I know this has been a very long battle with Love Field and the AA Center, but the City of Dallas does not care what the law says.

Edit: 30.05 doesn't apply if the reason for the notice is carry of a handgun, and the person is duly licensed to carry. 30.06 and 30.07 don't apply to government-owned property.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

I think it is legal for him to carry, but he would probably get fired if caught. The employee's handbook would state what applies to employees, and I bet it forbids weapons.
Steve Rothstein
mmoyse
Has liked: 2 times

Thanks for these responses. My relative told me his employer actually put up the signage as they operate the facility. They probably know better, but perhaps are trying to create the illusion of a 'gun-free zone'.