Adding entries

Have a question or concern about an entry in the Texas3006.com database? Discuss it here!
Zapp

I apologize if this is discussed elsewhere, but I didn't see this questioned asked/answered anywhere. It looks like we can't add businesses if they have no signage? From what I can tell, if a restaurant isn't listed, I can't tell if it is because it has no signs, or because it was never added to the database. It would be nice to have the option to see that it's been visited and is OK.

Thanks!
Vol Texan
Has liked: 8 times
Liked: 56 times

Zapp wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:24 pm I apologize if this is discussed elsewhere, but I didn't see this questioned asked/answered anywhere. It looks like we can't add businesses if they have no signage? From what I can tell, if a restaurant isn't listed, I can't tell if it is because it has no signs, or because it was never added to the database. It would be nice to have the option to see that it's been visited and is OK.

Thanks!
Zapp,

Thanks for your note. Our moderator team has discussed this a few times, and the general consensus is that if we tried to do that, the amount of work would be overwhelming. Each entry is reviewed and approved by one of just a handful of us. There may be hundreds or thousands of signs on businesses out there, but the opposite of that would be millions of entries, and we just would never keep up.

That, plus..., remember the opposition sees our site. We don't want every Tom, Dick, and Karen to target every 'friendly' business that listed here. That would open up a can of worms that none of us wants to deal with.

VT
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com | Texas3006 moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry