"New Posts" button

Post here for discussion and feedback on the Texas3006.com website
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

A "view all new posts" button would be great, along with "mark all posts read".
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
SQLGeek
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 19 times

It’s there under the menu. At least on mobile. I know it’s on desktop too but I don’t remember where.
<This space intentionally left blank.>
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

I see New Posts under the Quick Links menu (top left in a desktop browser), but I don't see a place to mark everything read.

I know not everyone reads forums like I do, but I'm OCD about seeing which posts are new, reading those of interest, and marking everything else as read.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

KBCraig wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:13 pm A "view all new posts" button would be great, along with "mark all posts read".
At the bottom of the threads, right under the date and time, is a mark forums read spot.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

I think I see the problem. If I go into a forum through the forum menu, I can see the mark all posts read link. It does not stand out very well being in regular text near the date and time, but it is there. If I enter the thread by using the links to recent topics on the home page (top of the page before you get to the forum links), there doesn't appear to be a mark thread read link.

if that helps anyone find it.
Last edited by srothstein on Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve Rothstein
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

I never even noticed those things were options. I've found myself mainly perusing the "recent topics" section.

I can do a little digging at some point to see about how to add the "mark all as read" link to the version of the new posts that the quick links menu takes you to.
oohrah
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 14 times

I just use New Posts. I make sure I log out after finished reading. Then next login, just select New Posts, and anything that happened since last logout shows up. Rinse, repeat :)
SQLGeek

KBCraig wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:31 pm I see New Posts under the Quick Links menu (top left in a desktop browser), but I don't see a place to mark everything read.

I know not everyone reads forums like I do, but I'm OCD about seeing which posts are new, reading those of interest, and marking everything else as read.
If you haven't found it already, here's a picture of where it is.
Mark_Read.png
You must LOGIN to view the files attached to this post.
SQLGeek

It just ocurred to me that I had switched to the pro silver theme from the forum default.

If you're on the forum default, it's here at the bottom of the page.
Mark_Read.png
You must LOGIN to view the files attached to this post.
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Ok I was confused at first as to why the forum looked different. For those unaware, as I was, you can change the way the forum appears, by going to your user controls, then, to board preferences, then click on the drop down box, next to My Board Style, there is the pro silver view.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble: