Special group recognition?

Post here for discussion and feedback on the Texas3006.com website
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

Hi all,

I'm thinking of setting up special groups on this forum for certain users, so that they can be recognized by other members of this forum if they desire. For example, LTC Instructors or Peace Officers.

Would any of y'all that are an instructor or officer be interested in being tagged as such?

Is this a good idea? Any other groups you all think should get special recognition?
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Russell wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:24 pm Hi all,

I'm thinking of setting up special groups on this forum for certain users, so that they can be recognized by other members of this forum if they desire. For example, LTC Instructors or Peace Officers.

Would any of y'all that are an instructor or officer be interested in being tagged as such?

Is this a good idea? Any other groups you all think should get special recognition?

I can't speak for others, but I know that most LEO, are very protective of their identities, and while their personal info, is not available to be viewed, I would think most would be hesitant to be "recognized" on a public forum.
As far as other special groups, I would think that they could list any of their credentials in their signature lines.

You could probably set up a LTC instructor page for any that want to let people know their locations, classes being offered, etc.
JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
SQLGeek
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 19 times

I can't say I'm really a fan of the practice in other forums. I feel like it's used to divide more than anything. But that's just my opinion.
<This space intentionally left blank.>
flechero
Has liked: 2 times
Liked: 6 times

While I genuinely appreciate your hard work and enthusiasm, getting this forum up and running I'm already in the less equal than some category. I'd prefer to just be one of the members.

As noted instructors and the like can use sig lines to ID or link to their stuff.
madwildcat
Has liked: 28 times
Liked: 14 times

I like the idea of having a page where they can post their info if they want. This is similar to other forums that have locations where FFLs can list their info and costs. I think your heart is in the right place, but many wish to avoid further "recognition" than is absolutely necessary. The page gives the option for those that want to post their info. I also agree that anyone that wants to could post this in their signature line if they want to.
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

Good points all. I'll table this idea for now and possibly combine it in some way with the trade/sale forum section in the future.

:handgestures-thumbup: