Trading Post Maybe?

Post here for discussion and feedback on the Texas3006.com website
madwildcat
Has liked: 28 times
Liked: 14 times

Powers that Be,

Would it be possible to get a forum or category going for a trading post, with sub forums of Handguns, Long Guns, Parts, Etc? I could see this being especially useful for those looking for reloading parts and ammo in these crazy times.
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

I'm not opposed to it! Let me do some thinking on how best to implement it safely (for both users and me!).
madwildcat
Has liked: 28 times
Liked: 14 times

Agreed. The last thing I want is the site to somehow take liability and get shut down for someone else's stupidity. A couple of the national gun forums have decent setups with rules on posting, who can participate (you have to have x number of posts before being able to post something to the Trading Post) and suggestions on safely performing a transaction. Not that we should copy and paste, but the THR setup seems like a decent one to emulate.
Russell
Site Admin

Trading Post is now open for any items, except for firearms at this time.

Thanks for the idea!
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Russell wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:56 pm Trading Post is now open for any items, except for firearms at this time.

Thanks for the idea!
I'm not trying to stir up trouble but I was wondering why no firearms. TXCHL has had a topic for that as long as I can remember. If there were any legal risk, surely Charles would not have had such an option. Being a lawyer and all.
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:57 am
Russell wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 6:56 pm Trading Post is now open for any items, except for firearms at this time.

Thanks for the idea!
I'm not trying to stir up trouble but I was wondering why no firearms. TXCHL has had a topic for that as long as I can remember. If there were any legal risk, surely Charles would not have had such an option. Being a lawyer and all.
It may just be a precaution. With the political climate like it is right now, I would be hesitant to post any firearms, I may want to sell, on an open forum. Not that any law would be broken, or that I wouldn't be fully confident in any potential buyer, I would just as soon not have big brother know my business, any more than he probably already does. With cancel culture being what it is, I'm sure that one of the next things to be censored, will be any web sites, that allow for the sale of firearms, by non-FFL dealers. And I wouldn't be surprised, if several on line gun dealers will also have to look for other hosting sites, in days to come. JMHO
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
Russell
Site Admin

Thanks for the idea!

I want to talk with my lawyer first before allowing it, I just haven't had a chance to yet. Like you said, Charles is a lawyer, but I am not. I'm not interested in being caught up in an overzealous ATF situation because I overlooked something. :)
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Russell wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 5:45 am

Thanks for the idea!

I want to talk with my lawyer first before allowing it, I just haven't had a chance to yet. Like you said, Charles is a lawyer, but I am not. I'm not interested in being caught up in an overzealous ATF situation because I overlooked something. :)
Makes sense.
Russell
Site Admin

OK, spoke with an attorney from Texas Law Shield. She said she would be hesitant to allow firearm sales/trading on the forum as it would be exposing me to greater liability, as well as the potential for having an issue with law enforcement if a firearm sold here went on to be used in a crime. While it would be likely I could successfully defend myself against a lawsuit or legal challenge, I would *still* have to actually spend the time and money to defend myself.

As of this time, I've decided to not allow firearm sales or trading on the forum. Ammunition and other items are fine :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I know this is a disappointing outcome, but there are plenty of other forums willing to take on that liability for you! Sorry y'all, and hopefully the reasoning behind my decision makes sense.