new to cc, love this idea

Post here for discussion and feedback on the Texas3006.com Mobile Apps
kpflounder
Has liked: 83 times
Liked: 11 times

I'm relatively new to concealed carry. Not even a year.
I've stressed over missing a sign. If I stop and read and turn to go to my car a second, is that a dead give away?
I've already shared this app with every 2a person I know. I can now safely check many establishments before entering, without obviously turning to go put a gun in my car.
And I love the forum! (Can't find it on the app)
And I have no clue what to use as my signature.
C-dub
Has liked: 17 times
Liked: 10 times

Welcome to CC and this forum.

Don't stress too much. IIRC, it is now only a misdemeanor unless it is one of the places off limits unless they post like a hospital, church, or amusement park.

The app related to this forum has been up for several years now and is a great resource. Be careful, though, as it is user supported and does not include all places that are posted 30.06 or 30.07. If you come across a place that is not indicated on the app don't be afraid to submit it yourself.

This forum is relatively new and was only recently launched during another popular forum's downtime. Both are very good and filled with many fine folks that have been carry concealed and open for many years. Some since the beginning back in 1996. I was a few years behind and didn't start until 2002 after my daughter was born in late 2001. Some have been carrying longer from other states or as part of their profession.

Don't worry about a signature. It's not required, but something may come to you that you would like and can add one if or whenever you decide.

What region of Texas are you in? If you are in or near DFW there are several of us that meet for breakfast in various parts of the metroplex almost every Saturday morning.
I am not and have never been an LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Sergeant Mike Smith, who was murdered along with 4 other LEO's on 7.7.2016.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member
Si vis pacem, para bellum
kpflounder
Has liked: 83 times
Liked: 11 times

I live near Houston. I've wanted a weapon since becoming a single mom in 08, but I had a bipolar suicidal child at home who was also an addict.
Last year, during shut down, I talked to my son and we went to a range where I took a basic class and rented a glock 43x because it felt like it belonged in my hand. And bought on that same day.
My insecurity is printing and how do I casually read the signs posted. Heb has maybe 7 different signs to read and the 3007 was at the bottom.
Do you casually or intentionally stop, stand, and read the signs? I am NOT ok with leaving a gun in my car.
C-dub

kpflounder wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:14 pm My insecurity is printing and how do I casually read the signs posted. Heb has maybe 7 different signs to read and the 3007 was at the bottom.
Do you casually or intentionally stop, stand, and read the signs? I am NOT ok with leaving a gun in my car.
Printing is not illegal nor is it a failure to conceal. I will admit there are different levels of printing, but for the most part what we ourselves think of our own printing is probably unnoticeable by others. We tend to be overly critical of it when we're checking ourselves in the mirror and we also know what we're looking for, so we do tend to see it. Most others do not not pay that much attention and are more focused on going about their own business.

I remember early on, before OC became legal, I was CCing, but did not make that known to others and myself and another guy were going to go pick up some burgers from a place and bring them back for everyone. We get there and are standing in line and I can see his glock 19 through his white t-shirt IWB on his right hip about 4 o'clock. It was easily discernable and that was a violation. I quietly mentioned it to him and his reply was that it was covered so he wasn't concerned. I explained to him that if it was easily discernable then it wasn't concealed. He still instisted that since it was covered he was okay. Then I told him what model he was carrying and that surprised him. After that weekend event I never saw him again. I've also never seen anyone else concealed that poorly.

If I'm not sure about whether or not a place is posted I will probably err on the side of caution and park somewhere in the lot I can disarm discretely and leave it in my truck. Usually, I do not find any signs and could've carried. I wasn't completely unarmed since my handgun is not the only weapon I carry. Before it gets to this point, I'll drive by the entrance slowly and check out the doors and windows to see if I can notice any signs. They are usually fairly obvious. Sometimes they are inside the first set of doors to the right or left, but most places now do seem to post them in front that can be easily seen. Especially larger stores. Some chains are well known to post 30.06 and or 30.07 so there's no use worrying about one lone store not posting or not posting properly. Either don't go there, disarm in your vehicle out of sight of others, or just don't carry if that's your only destination that day and you don't want to leave it in your vehicle.

I'm sorry, but I don't know about HEB since there are none near me. You will soon get an idea of which locations/businesses you frequent that do and do not post any or which signs.

Check the Texas 3006 app. It's been around for a while now and is pretty good. It's not 100% fool proof, but pretty good.

Oh, one more way I just remembered. Google maps street view can be helpful in this area. It also is not fool proof, but if you do see either sign then you do know for sure.
I am not and have never been an LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Sergeant Mike Smith, who was murdered along with 4 other LEO's on 7.7.2016.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Welcome to the forum kpflounder!!

As others have said, printing is a non issue, since OC became law.

The 3006 web site is an amazing resource, and as others have mentioned, if you happen to run across an establishment that is posted, and not on the web site, please add it.

Also don’t be nervous that others my “catch on” to the fact that you are carrying. Criminals look for those who they think are easy prey. Being situationally aware, presents the impression, that you may not be an easy target.

I’m not familiar enough with Houston, but there are members in that area, who have breakfast meetups. I’m sure you will be welcomed with open arms, by like minded patriots, who are more than willing to share tips, and insights. Along with great conversation.

If I’m not mistaken, you are only the second female member, on the forum. It would be great if you could share your experiences regarding carry options, clothing choices, or anything else that may be unique, for women, that may be helpful to others.

Feel free to ask questions, there are several members who are firearms instructors, former LEO, military, and have been carrying since licenses were first issued. We are a motley crew, but don’t let that bother you.

Edit to add. Just re-read your post, regarding the numerous signs posted at HEB and other places. The only signs that actually pertain to/restrict LTC holders, are 30.06, 30.07 and 51% signs, all others, TABC blue signs, or non compliant gun buster signs(gun in a circle with a diagonal line through it) do not apply, or prohibit us from carrying.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
Russell
Site Admin
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 111 times

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for downloading the app!

SoloXCRacer, our Android developer, is actively working on adding a link to the forum from the app. It uncovered some major maintenance that needs to happen first though, so its slower going than first anticipated. We're (mainly him!) are working on it :-)
oohrah
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 14 times

C-dub wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:54 pm
Don't stress too much. IIRC, it is now only a misdemeanor unless it is one of the places off limits unless they post like a hospital, church, or amusement park.
Your understanding of PC 46.035 is out of date. Without copying the whole code, I'll summarize. Walking past a 30.06 or 30.07 is a Class C Misdemeanor, i.e., traffic ticket. PC 46.035 (i) says that amusement parks, hospitals and churches must post 30.06/30.07, so they are no longer statutorily off limits. And college sporting events must post 30.06 to prevent CC, since campus carry went into effect.
C-dub

oohrah wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:50 pm
C-dub wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:54 pm
Your understanding of PC 46.035 is out of date. Without copying the whole code, I'll summarize. Walking past a 30.06 or 30.07 is a Class C Misdemeanor, i.e., traffic ticket. PC 46.035 (i) says that amusement parks, hospitals and churches must post 30.06/30.07, so they are no longer statutorily off limits. And college sporting events must post 30.06 to prevent CC, since campus carry went into effect.
Thank you for correcting that!

I had a feeling I might have flipped that or gotten the locations wrong, but didn't take the time to go look it up myself.
Patriot Guard Rider
NRA Life Member