BLM Disruption in Plano

Crime reports and no-good deeds
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

srothstein wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:55 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 2:13 pm He didn't strike her, he knocked her phone out of her hand. If he wanted to strike someone to cause bodily harm, he could have easily done so. It was a target rich environment. Had Plano police enforced the law to begin with, the incident never would have happened. So disappointing. This guy is a hero is n my book!
This is something that more people need to understand. In Texas, an assault does not have to include physical contact. It can be threats made either verbally or by gestures. Even more important, an assault that includes contact is illegal and a crime if the contact is offensive. So, it is possible to charge him for assault without his striking her. And since he did strike her, at least in the hand, it is an assault with contact (I am sure most of us agree we would be offended if someone knocked our phone out of our hand). This is a class C misdemeanor, with punishment just a little more severe than a traffic ticket (max of $500 fine).

But even worse, is that an assault which causes simple bodily injury is a class A misdemeanor punishable by a year in jail. And the definition of bodily injury includes just feeling pain. If you hit someone and the say ouch or tell the officer that it hurt them, you will be charged with assault bodily injury. He got lucky that the woman did not think to say that it hurt, so he only got charged with assault by contact.
By depriving her of her property ("theft" under PC 31.01), by using force, he could also be charged with robbery under PC 29.02, which is a second degree felony.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 213 times

Again, if the police had done their job to begin with, none of the ensuing action would have occurred. Root cause is agitators illegally blocking a public thoroughfare and placing innocent drivers in danger.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:49 pm Again, if the police had done their job to begin with, none of the ensuing action would have occurred. Root cause is agitators illegally blocking a public thoroughfare and placing innocent drivers in danger.
In this case, the whole protest was not more than ten minutes in the making when the fellow told them to get out of the road. There was not time for the police to show up with enough officers to make them get out of the road. It was just the single cop at the scene. Alone, he could not possibly get them all cleared out. He was buying time for the troops to arrive. It was stopped as soon as other officers arrived.
Bitter Clinger

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:02 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:49 pm Again, if the police had done their job to begin with, none of the ensuing action would have occurred. Root cause is agitators illegally blocking a public thoroughfare and placing innocent drivers in danger.
In this case, the whole protest was not more than ten minutes in the making when the fellow told them to get out of the road. There was not time for the police to show up with enough officers to make them get out of the road. It was just the single cop at the scene. Alone, he could not possibly get them all cleared out. He was buying time for the troops to arrive. It was stopped as soon as other officers arrived.
I understand your point, tactically. But based on the history of this Chief of Police with these groups prior to this latest event, one could speculate that a strategic decision or policy might be in place to give these agitators a fairly wide berth, which would include not providing a strong police presence from the get go. Again, just my $0.02 but the initial lack of adequate police staffing appears to possibly have been intentional.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
03Lightningrocks

Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:12 pm
I understand your point, tactically. But based on the history of this Chief of Police with these groups prior to this latest event, one could speculate that a strategic decision or policy might be in place to give these agitators a fairly wide berth, which would include not providing a strong police presence from the get go. Again, just my $0.02 but the initial lack of adequate police staffing appears to possibly have been intentional.
Don't get me wrong. Our police chief is a bigoted racist POS that needs removed ASAP but it sounds like you may be misunderstanding how this went down. The terrorist group, BLM, did not draw a permit or announce their little protest. They just did it and within 30 minutes or less it was broken up and dispersed. There was not time for the chief to make a decision to allow them room for this. He did make the statement that he felt we should negotiate with these disgusting jungle animals but in this case, that is not what happened. He has however decided not to charge any of them with the crimes they committed, which again just proves he needs to be removed as chief.

I have lived in Plano for 35 years and I can assure you that folks around here will have very little patience with shenanigan's from BLM or a police cheif that allows them room to terrorize people..
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:35 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:12 pm

Don't get me wrong. Our police chief is a bigoted racist POS that needs removed ASAP but it sounds like you may be misunderstanding how this went down. The terrorist group, BLM, did not draw a permit or announce their little protest. They just did it and within 30 minutes or less it was broken up and dispersed. There was not time for the chief to make a decision to allow them room for this. He did make the statement that he felt we should negotiate with these disgusting jungle animals but in this case, that is not what happened. He has however decided not to charge any of them with the crimes they committed, which again just proves he needs to be removed as chief.

I have lived in Plano for 35 years and I can assure you that folks around here will have very little patience with shenanigan's from BLM or a police cheif that allows them room to terrorize people..
Additionally, this was in Frisco city limits...just the other side of the border. Only reason it was a Plano officer in the video is because Plano showed up before Frisco did when the call went out indicating an issue with traffic. When the officer arrived on scene and saw what the cause was, he called for backup.
Bitter Clinger

Yep. I think we are in violent agreement. The fact that those lawless agitators were not arrested or charged means that it will happen again, and escalation is inevitable. The city should be sued.
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

KBCraig wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:36 pm
jason812 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:47 pm If the rioters were breaking the law, how can an action against them be against the law?
Speeding is breaking the law; it's a Class C misdemeanor.

You can't shoot someone for speeding.
If I hold you hostage by preventing your free movement in a public space and you hit me, you get charged. At least that's what happens in Plano.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
03Lightningrocks

jason812 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:57 am
jason812 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:47 pm If the rioters were breaking the law, how can an action against them be against the law?

If I hold you hostage by preventing your free movement in a public space and you hit me, you get charged. At least that's what happens in Plano.
Even worse, it is happening all over the country. I like the law Florida just passed making it legal to run over these animals.
Bitter Clinger

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:00 pm
jason812 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:57 am

Even worse, it is happening all over the country. I like the law Florida just passed making it legal to run over these animals.
Right on Brother! Can we get DeSantis to move to Texas?:

"At the bill signing Monday, DeSantis said, "If you riot, if you loot, if you harm others, particularly if you harm a law enforcement officer during one of these violent assemblies, you're going to jail."

The law increases penalties for protesters who block roadways or deface public monuments. It creates a new crime, "mob intimidation." And it requires that anyone arrested at a protest be denied bail until their first court appearance, likely making for overnight jail stays.

The law makes local officials in Florida liable for lawsuits from injured parties if they are found to have not done enough to respond to control violent protests. And it reacts to the "defund the police" movement, allowing officials to appeal to the governor and his Cabinet any decision by local officials to reduce funding to law enforcement."