BLM Disruption in Plano

Crime reports and no-good deeds
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 212 times

https://www.shelbyhwilliams.org/post/bl ... n-in-plano

It's coming here. It's pretty clear that they are hoping to start something. This cannot end well.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:55 pm https://www.shelbyhwilliams.org/post/bl ... n-in-plano

It's coming here. It's pretty clear that they are hoping to start something. This cannot end well.
I know that intersection well. I think it is actually Frisco but if not, right on the border. I really don't think people in our area are going to put up with that bullshit. I know I won't.
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

That city council man should be ashamed but he's a politician so I know he's incapable. Blaming the big guy for getting mad at the rioters.

WTF is a legal observer? Just a disguise to participate without any side effects?
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
Flightmare
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 56 times

jason812 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:12 pm That city council man should be ashamed but he's a politician so I know he's incapable. Blaming the big guy for getting mad at the rioters.

WTF is a legal observer? Just a disguise to participate without any side effects?
Maybe I'm reading a different article than you are. I'm not seeing him "blame" the driver. I did see him say that the driver was the most aggressive in the video, but that is all. He seemed to point blame to the "protestors" who were illegally blocking traffic.
jason812
Has liked: 27 times
Liked: 77 times

Maybe I'm just reading into it but he did say the rioter didn't point the gun until the driver tried to swipe the phone or whatever he was hitting out of the woman's hand.
Why is it so hard for politicians to understand "shall not be infringed?"
Flightmare

jason812 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:39 pm Maybe I'm just reading into it but he did say the rioter didn't point the gun until the driver tried to swipe the phone or whatever he was hitting out of the woman's hand.
That was the only moment I saw the gun as well.

The driver was well within his right to be angry, but was not to physically lash out at someone else. I don't get to swing at someone else (or something they're holding) simply because they did something to make me angry, even if what they are doing is a crime.

The "protestors" were well within their rights to march, and call attention to whatever cause they feel they need to. I personally believe that a large majority of those supporting the BLM organization are being misled. IMO however, these "protestors" crossed the line when they illegally blocked traffic.

I've personally done protesting in my lifetime. I stood on a sidewalk holding a sign until my arms were tired and my feet ached. I never assaulted anyone, or physically prohibited someone from going about their business. If I did, people wouldn't remember what I was protesting. They would only remember what I had done to other people. The message of my cause would be lost in the noise.

I realize that much of the MSM is helping many of these groups by running PR for them. And that's unfortunate. All we can do is educate those who are willing to listen.

Just my 2 cents.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 212 times

Point is, like in the situation in Austin where the protestor carrying an AK was shot by the ride share driver who was active military, these BLM and AntiFa idiots do not appear to want to understand muzzle discipline.

Instead of carrying their long arms slung, they tend to carry them in front, many times at near low ready. All they have to do is raise it slightly and it's game on.

We saw the same thing recently in Portland and in Dallas.

https://texasscorecard.com/metroplex/da ... r-rioters/

https://mb.ntd.com/protesters-armed-wit ... 09598.html

It will not be long before it becomes a shooting war if they continue to escalate.

There is a low tolerance for illegal blocking of public thorough fares. While avoidance and de-escalation is the smart thing to do, when tempers flare confrontation is likely inevitable.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

Bitter Clinger wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:38 pm It will not be long before it becomes a shooting war if they continue to escalate.
I truly believe that this is what they want and are asking for.

And I also keep remembering the words of an instructor I had in the police academy. His advice was that when you come across a man that is just asking for an ass whupping, remember that he is a taxpayer and pays you salary. Make damn sure you give him his money's worth.

I sometimes (more and more) feel like we need to give them their money's worth on what they are asking for.
Steve Rothstein
Flightmare

srothstein wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:47 pm
Bitter Clinger wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:38 pm It will not be long before it becomes a shooting war if they continue to escalate.
I truly believe that this is what they want and are asking for.

And I also keep remembering the words of an instructor I had in the police academy. His advice was that when you come across a man that is just asking for an ass whupping, remember that he is a taxpayer and pays you salary. Make damn sure you give him his money's worth.

I sometimes (more and more) feel like we need to give them their money's worth on what they are asking for.
Reminds me of the joker from Dark Knight.

I agree with you that many are wanting and asking for a conflict. I believe some of them are wanting to be martyrs for their cause.
John
Liked: 21 times

My CHL instructor said something that stuck with me. “If you point a gun at me, I will consider it a threat, and will respond appropriately.”
NRA Life Member