Man killed while resisting arrest in Minneapolis was a criminal

Crime reports and no-good deeds
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

Jusme wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:48 pm Let’s look at the numbers, shall we? In 2020, there were 27 black men killed by police. Of those only 6 were unarmed. Only 4 of them were killed by white police officers. White police officers make up 78% of all officers, which is consistent with overall demographics of the population. If there were rampant racism, whereby white police officers were on a mission to kill people of color, wouldn’t those numbers be a lot higher? Every year, police shoot and kill, many more white people than people of color. The difference is, those stories, never get mentioned by the media.
While I agree in general with the numbers and the concept, I just wanted, in fairness, to point out that there is one flaw in these numbers. There is no absolute database of people killed by police. As an example, Texas requires every police agency to report all "in-custody" deaths to the Attorney General's office. In-custody death is defined in the law as including all people who are in custody for any reason and anyone the police are attempting to arrest. The last includes people resisting arrest and people fleeing from being arrested. The database in Texas is therefore fairly complete. But Texas is unusual in having these requirements and definitions. Some states require only the deaths of those actually in-custody, not including those resisting or fleeing. And some states have no reporting requirement whatsoever.

Even worse for accurate statistics, there is no federal requirement to report anything. There is actually no requirement to report crimes using to the FBI UCR statistics either. While I like the lack of federal interference in local police, I really wish we had a better system for crime statistics, especially anything involving police and them investigating themselves. That is one flaw in our system that could be improved.
Steve Rothstein
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

Jusme wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:48 pm Let’s look at the numbers, shall we? In 2020, there were 27 black men killed by police. Of those only 6 were unarmed. Only 4 of them were killed by white police officers.
May I ask the source of those numbers?
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

AndyC wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:11 am
Jusme wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 5:48 pm Let’s look at the numbers, shall we? In 2020, there were 27 black men killed by police. Of those only 6 were unarmed. Only 4 of them were killed by white police officers.
May I ask the source of those numbers?

I am looking for the site I found those numbers. I jotted them down but did not save the site. :doh:

I found this with a quick google search.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.desmoi ... 3274391001

After church I will try and locate it.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

I am still unable to locate the site where I found the numbers, I was looking for something else when I found it. I will retract those until I find them.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble:
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

I happened to find something mentioned while I was reading a story about officer Brian Sicknick's death - I haven't read the WaPo link mentioned yet but I figured I'd post it here:
I researched this in 2020. These are also sourced from WaPo - as leftists as they come. WaPo has logged all fatal police shootings since 2015 in this database:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... ings-2019/

Despite their headline, the data tells you a different story. In 2019 there were a total of 999 killings. 858 shootings in which the race was noted. 405 killed were white, 249 were black. Blacks were significantly more likely to have a deadly weapon than a white suspect. Yet more white suspects were killed. There were ONLY 12 cases where the blacks were unarmed - 11 men and 1 women. 7 of these cases - the suspect attacked the cop with eyewitness or camera footage corroboration confirming it. Out of the rest - 1 was an apparent accident. 2 cases - the cop was charged. The others were ongoing investigation when I researched this last year.

One can figure out themselves if in a population of over 360 million, these numbers are anything close to "police are hunting down blacks" or not.