Man killed while resisting arrest in Minneapolis was a criminal

Crime reports and no-good deeds
KBCraig
Has liked: 164 times
Liked: 103 times

blackhorse1 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:38 pm Here's some food for thought... What about robbery of woman with gun. How many other crimes has he gotten away that he didn't get caught at. He was in a car with other like minded thugs AND he ran. He's a thug. Don't paint him up to be a good ol boy and highest in his class or a choir boy. He was stopped before he worked his way up.😎
I'm not pretending he was a saint. The Constitution doesn't just protect choirboys.
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

Jusme wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:12 am Little food for thought:

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/202 ... rol-n43608

Now, I'm not defending this guy, sounds like jail would have been the best place for him. However, as pointed out in the article, he had no been convicted of anything, and the warrant was for carrying a gun without a permit (see permission from your superiors).
As I understand it, and I could be wrong because it is based on reports I have read and not direct knowledge, the warrant was not for carrying without a permit. The victim had been invited to stay at a house overnight with several friends. After most of the friends left, he and one of his friends tried to rob one of the two hosts of the party (another friend of his was the other host and had just given the roommate $820 in rent money) including choking her and pulling a gun on her. He eventually left without the money. She called the police and identified the shooting victim as the gun holder/robber. He was arrested and placed on bond. One of the terms of the bond was that he could not have a firearm. He was reported for having a firearm while on bond, and a bond revocation was ordered. He did not show up for the hearing and a warrant was issued for the failure to appear and for the bond revocation.

I am not sure how Minnesota would classify this warrant. My experience with this is all in Texas and we classified them by the underlying charge of the bond, i.e. felony robbery. It makes as much sense to me that Minnesota would classify it by the failure to appear or bond revocation based on what the cause for the revocation was.

And it really makes no difference what the warrant was for. You are correct that he had not been convicted of anything at this point for these charges. I have not heard anything about his prior record yet. But I also know that if he had complied when he was told he was under arrest, none of this would have happened. The officer was wrong, but so was he.
Steve Rothstein
rotor
Has liked: 10 times
Liked: 21 times

Capitol police officer not charged in shooting death in DC. Crime, trespass or whatever they call it? Air Force vet Ashli Babbitt dead.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

rotor wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:47 pm Capitol police officer not charged in shooting death in DC. Crime, trespass or whatever they call it? Air Force vet Ashli Babbitt dead.
It appears leftist politicians think it is OK for Police to murder an unarmed citizen as long as it is a white conservative woman.
03Lightningrocks
Has liked: 160 times
Liked: 69 times

Here is a video of a very good take on this whole situation.

https://fb.watch/4U_uFRhla5/
oohrah
Has liked: 1 time
Liked: 14 times

I take exception to the Title of this thread. A warrant for an arrest is not a criminal conviction. Anyone of us could have a warrant for our arrest for any circumstance. Innocent until proven guilty.

This is yet another example of police run amok and another black man dying at the hands of the police.

I'm waiting for the police to police themselves and fix this racism.
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 290 times
Liked: 212 times

oohrah wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:14 pm I take exception to the Title of this thread. A warrant for an arrest is not a criminal conviction. Anyone of us could have a warrant for our arrest for any circumstance. Innocent until proven guilty.

This is yet another example of police run amok and another black man dying at the hands of the police.

Did you read the original article? He was arrested, released on bail, violated parole. I don't agree that "any of us could have a warrant..." under similar circumstances unless we all practice armed robbery.

How that officer was able to remain on the force for 25 years bears investigation!

But there is clearly NOT racism here as the root cause, there is resisting arrest and that is the common theme in virtually all of these incidents. All he had to do was comply and he would be alive today.
Last edited by Bitter Clinger on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
AndyC
Has liked: 55 times
Liked: 68 times

oohrah wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:14 pm I take exception to the Title of this thread. A warrant for an arrest is not a criminal conviction. Anyone of us could have a warrant for our arrest for any circumstance. Innocent until proven guilty.
Agreed.
oohrah wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:14 pmThis is yet another example of police run amok and another black man dying at the hands of the police.

Disagree completely. I saw nothing to do with race - I saw an officer screw the pooch and kill a man by mistake. 2nd degree manslaughter seems a fair charge.
srothstein
Has liked: 76 times
Liked: 67 times

I agree with you on this point, up to a point. We have no proof that he was a criminal based on the facts released so far. The original arrest and even the bond revocation warrant do not make him a criminal. He has not been convicted of any offense related to this arrest. As a matter of fact, in a weird twist of US law, he has now been found not guilty for these offenses. When any person dies before the conviction is final, the law says he is not guilty. That sounds reasonable to me.

However, this also does not mean he was not a criminal. I have no way of knowing if he was or was not a criminal because he prior record has not been released yet to the best of my knowledge. I have a belief that he was a criminal from prior offenses though, because armed robbery is very rarely the first crime a person commits or gets caught at. But that is just my suppositions and is not a reason to call him a criminal in this thread.

I agree with AndyC that there is no sign of racism or cops running amok at all in this incident. An officer made a mistake. I am not sure it reached the level of a criminal offense as opposed to just a tragic error. If I thought she would get a fair trial, I would say the charges were correct. Of course, I have no faith in her getting a fair trial in that county, especially combined with the speed of the filing of charges and the mayor's comments with no time for any investigation. Even officers are entitled to due process and a full investigation. We might even see more convictions if they held off long enough to complete the investigation and build a proper case.
Steve Rothstein
Jusme
Has liked: 71 times
Liked: 178 times

Let’s look at the numbers, shall we? In 2020, there were 27 black men killed by police. Of those only 6 were unarmed. Only 4 of them were killed by white police officers. White police officers make up 78% of all officers, which is consistent with overall demographics of the population. If there were rampant racism, whereby white police officers were on a mission to kill people of color, wouldn’t those numbers be a lot higher? Every year, police shoot and kill, many more white people than people of color. The difference is, those stories, never get mentioned by the media.
Take Away The Second First, And The First is Gone in a Second!!

:flags-texas: :flags-texas: :flags-texas:
:violence-pistoldouble: