Charles Cotton must never be allowed to head the NRA!

Discuss the NRA, TSRA, and others
Bitter Clinger
Has liked: 293 times
Liked: 213 times

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/01/charle ... d-the-nra/

No single person on the NRA Board of Directors bears more responsibility and culpability for the NRA’s present dire circumstances than Charles Cotton.
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times

If the judge and jury leave any of the current leadership in positions at the NRA nothing will change.
A purge of all those involved and those who allowed/looked the other way has to happen.
KBCraig
Has liked: 165 times
Liked: 106 times

I don't know Buz Mills. I don't know if he's always held these views, or is a latecomer to the reform movement.

Either way, he calls out the trouble and blasts Cotton for being "the facilitator".

Be sure to click through to his letter. It's a quick read.

https://thereload.com/nra-board-member- ... tion-suit/
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
Bitter Clinger

Open Letter: To The Board Of Directors Of The National Rifle Association Of America

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/01/open-l ... f-america/

Instead of following the bylaws for the succession of the Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer (EVP) the leadership wants a special election to install the enabler and facilitator of all the previous chicanery. No other than our duly ‘selected’ President, Charles Cotton. He is the man more responsible than any other for permitting our selected leadership to run roughshod over our membership and benefactors.

As the chair of the Audit Committee for many years, Charles Cotton was supposed to be responsible for holding our employees accountable and ensuring their conduct was beyond reproach. Our chair and “moral compass” approved every act of malfeasance brought to the committee for decades, and multiple acts were approved retroactively, months, and years after the fact.

When restitution was mandated, a bonus was awarded to the miscreants, including enough money to pay the restitution. This bonus also included enough for the miscreant to have the cash to pay the taxes on his misappropriation. Talk about rewarding bad behavior!!
Menachem Begin to Joe Biden (1982): I Am Not A Jew With Trembling Knees. I am a proud Jew with 3,700 years of civilized history.
warnmar10
Has liked: 5 times
Liked: 13 times

Worth a watch.
Bitter Clinger

Wayne LaPierre’s Brain is Shrinking, Yet He’s Still In Charge of NRA! …Why?

https://www.ammoland.com/2024/01/lapier ... f-nra-why/

Along with his duties as President, Cotton serves as the Chairman of the NRA’s Audit Committee. The Audit Committee is supposed to be the Association’s watchdog tasked with ensuring that the staff and vendors always operate within applicable laws and policies and conduct business in a manner that is above reproach. Cotton served as vice chair of the committee for several years and then switched places with then-chairman David Coy. Between the two of them, they have been Chair and Vice Chair for the past 20-plus years, and they continue in those positions now, even though they’ve been President and Vice President of the Board for the past three years. Cotton and Coy were supposed to keep the NRA on track and away from even a whisper of corruption.

They failed spectacularly in that assignment and were rewarded for their failure by being elected to the offices of President and Vice President.

The best way for the NRA Board to demonstrate that they’ve learned nothing at all from the scandals and corruption that have plagued the NRA for the past 20 years and been publicly known for the past five years would be to hand the EVP position to Charles Cotton.

The trial continues on Monday with video testimony from former NRA President Carolyn Meadows. Ms. Meadows has been excused from testifying in person – or even via live video link – due to her own health issues, so her video deposition is being played. It’s worth noting that Ms. Meadows’ health has been a limiting factor since she was first elected in 2019. She barely attended any Board meetings as President after she was elected, meaning that First Vice President Charles Cotton filled in for her for almost all of her two terms. He then served two terms as President himself, then orchestrated a Bylaws change to allow him to serve a third (effectively fifth) term as President.
KBCraig

Cotton: "We audited ourselves and found we did absolutely nothing wrong."
What do I miss about Texas? Most of the food, some of the people, absolutely none of the weather.
John
Has liked: 3 times
Liked: 21 times

If anyone here can still get in over there, someone should post links to some of these articles.
NRA Life Member
bblhd672
Has liked: 278 times

John wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 12:14 pm If anyone here can still get in over there, someone should post links to some of these articles.
Would result in being banned and the post removed. No anti-NRA facts allowed there.
KBCraig

Cotton is still tone deaf and clueless.

“President Trump’s unwavering support for the Second Amendment, and his track record of protecting the rights of gun owners make him an exemplary speaker for this momentous event,” Charles Cotton, the group’s president, said in a statement. “His fellow NRA members can’t wait to hear from him for the eighth time.”

https://thereload.com/trump-to-speak-at ... nsylvania/